Barber 2012

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Barber 2012

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Some miscellaneous photos from this year's event. Although this was not a Club event, we did have an ICOA turnout. Maybe some year.....but, that's for another discussion. Weather was great; the event even greater -- continues to get better every year! For all of you who did not get there, we missed you. You, also, missed a great event. Check your calendar for next year.
Oh, yeah -- Sweepings placed a practical third in class! Congrats Jan and Geoff!

Along the Road
Wes Anderson doing a 'sell job'!
I'm going to be a CBX when I grow up!!
You're drooling, again, Dave!
Museum hardware
More museum
Friday night dinner
A 'rider'! seen parked along the road
Jan and Bill's campsite
Anyone recognize this one?
Anyone for a dip in the pool!
Jan and 'robo' rider (Goeff Smale)
As good as it gets!!
Saturday night dinner
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Barber 2012

Post by daves79x »

Great shots, Larry. We'll be getting our race and other photos sorted and link posted soon. We also have some rather graphic photos of the horrendous crash that happened right in front of us on Sunday during Jeff's and Dr Tom's race. They weren't involved, thankfully, but there are two very sore riders after that incident.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Nice pics! I see Rick Steves was there too, checking out the Triumphs. I didn't know he grew a beard! :mrgreen: :DD

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

Great pics Larry!
And so you know, it is so interesting for us from overseas, to put faces to those 'names' helping us every day through this forum keep our bikes on the road.
Keep them coming.
Aris
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Aris, You don't have to be living overseas to wish for names to go with the folks in the photos. It is also frustrating when you see a photo of someone and you cannot think of their name. And it does help you learn who is whom for future reference.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

O.K., here I try to help a little. The guy in the picture looking at the Triumph is Dave Mc Munn. Maybe someone can fill in the names for those with the question marks

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Since I'm not so good at photo edit, here goes:
In the top photo from left to Right/front to back:
Clare and Mark (friends of Wes and Cindy
Chris (friend of Wes)
Kenny (friend of Dan)
I don't remember last names. [That's why I carry photo id for myself!] Hopefully, sometime, Wes and Dan will see this and fill-in-the-blank.

Center photo: same people -- Clare and Mark. The person standing, bent over, at the far left, is Mandy [taking drink orders].

Third photo, same people as above.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Kool_Biker
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Kool_Biker »

Thanks all, and these edited pics will go in my files so I know who picks up my posts and kindly responds usually at the speed of light.

And here's a pic of your's truly, from about a week ago from our annual 'Isle of Men' rally in Greece*.
P1120648.jpg
*OK, we might not have an Isle of Man in this part of the world, but we have christened the lovely isle of Andros as 'our' Isle of Men (sic), where we spend a wonderful weekend each year 'racing', being tolerated by the suffering but loving and supporting locals.
The food is fantastic, the booz even more so. As for the racing ... well there isn't any as this is a regularity rally where we all have a fantastic time riding the shores and mountains of the island enjoying our beautiful Aegean sea as Autumn is finally setting upon it.
P1120663 (1).jpg
Next ICOA (inter)national in Greece anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aris Hadjiaslanis
ICOA # 6309
Berkshire, Windsor

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Thanks for the photos, Aris. NICE 'X'; and, background. Sounded like a great weekend. An international there would be good. Logistics might be a bit difficult, though. However, thanks for the thought.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Mike and Larry,
Thanks for the names! I want you to know it is appreciated!

Aris, Your CBX is beautiful! What a great idea Larry for a international get together! Wow, I can only imagine what it would cost to do that to include shiipping bikes over! Great idea though!
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”