AMA Vintage Days 2011

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

AMA Vintage Days 2011

Post by EMS »

The AMA has announced the date for 2011 Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. It's going to be July 22-24.

Go here to read the announcement and mark your calendar. Who knows, it may the last time it is going to be at Mid-Ohio :roll:

http://www.ama-cycle.org/news/story.asp?id=2371

George (cbxtacy) has plans already to come all the way from California and has booked a room in a special bed & breakfast :wink: 8) 8)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: AMA Vintage Days 2011

Post by EMS »

I have no idea what's going on and who is responsible for it, but this year, for the first time that I can remember, the AMA race weekend is BEFORE Vintage Days. But not only that. Instead of having the two events on two consecutive weekends to make it easy for "out-of-town" fans to stay and take in both events, they are now two weeks apart. The Honda Supercycle Weekend is on July 8-10 :roll: I guess it is just another subtle effort by Mr. Dingmann and his inner circle from Kodak to make Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio less popular in order to relocate it to another venue.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Hmmm. Just think what Mid-Ohio could be if they wanted to make it like Daytona, without the chrome and noise? Two weekends of racing with flea market and vendors all wekk in between. They'd need a LOT more motels and campgrounds.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Newa bulletin. This just in from Jeff and Deb Davis:

I have rooms blocked at Motel 6. Room prices are 84.99per night.
PHONE #419-529-2100. 555 Trimble Rd Mansfield,Ohio.
I also have the Honda Pavillon at the track.

Jeff & Deb Davis

Jeff and Deb are unable to attend Mid-Ohio this year, so we need someone to step up if we are to continue the lunch tradition. However, if that doesn't happen, we still a solid groundwork for a great time, due to their efforts.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

We MUST do the lunch. I am sure we can wing something. Maybe we can split the workload over a few more people. I have received an offer from the AMA to get a tent in the infield again. Will discuss this among the Directors.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

O.K., gang! We are on for AMA Vintage Days with a presence in the infield. We will have a Club Corral to park and a 20x20 tent to show bikes, for anybody who wants to participate. We also have the Honda Pavillon and hope to find a few volunteers who will help to cater lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. At this point, I assume lunch will be $10.- per person per day, as in previous years. Send me a pm or e-mail, if you are interested to shoulder some responsibility. If you just want to moan, groan and complain, however, I can also point you to a place where you can do this and where you will be welcome for it. :mrgreen:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The AMA is in the process of assigning spaces/locations for the Club Corral. So far, the following clubs have made reservations:

Bridgestone Motorcycle Club
Brit Iron Rebels
Cincinnati Classic British Motorcycle Owners
International CBX Owners Association
Kawasaki ZL Owners Association
Ohio Norton Clubs
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club (VJMC)

Paricipants will be able to access the area beginning on Thursday 5:00p.m. for set-up. Every person has to be in posession of a weekend pass!
Dave and Diane have our banner, I think!

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Mike:
Yes, we have the banner!

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I made reservations for the camper, and purchased two weekend passes this morning. My plan is to arrive Thursday morning and get in line at the back gate, so as to snag a parking spot near the pavillion.

See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote: My plan is to arrive Thursday morning and get in line at the back gate, so as to snag a parking spot near the pavillion.

See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I will be there Thursday also. We should meet somewhere, I will get you in on Thursday.
Let's pm and e-mail.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I'll be at the M6 Fri and Sat nights. See yall, Fri.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

EMS wrote: I will be there Thursday also. We should meet somewhere, I will get you in on Thursday.
Let's pm and e-mail.

Mike,
The young lady at the track said I could get in Thursday, but to try to be in line early. If I leave here around 7:00a, I should be in line by 11:00a or so. I might just leave here Weds and sleep in line at the back gate.
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote: The young lady at the track said I could get in Thursday, but to try to be in line early. If I leave here around 7:00a, I should be in line by 11:00a or so. I might just leave here Weds and sleep in line at the back gate.
They don't know what they are doing anymore. In addition, they change every year. I have no idea what the official access times are, but in the past only the Season Pass holders, AMA workers, Swapmeet vendors and others with special credentials had access to the grounds on Thursday.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

We just received the layout for the Club corral.
We are between the NAKTC (North American Triple Club) and the VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) Good location with great neighbors!
We need you to bring your bikes. We have a tent for shelter.

And if anybody from further away wants to ship the CBX and fly (or drive) in, contact me. I have a warehouse to ship the bike to and from.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

We are trying to get an approximate number of participants for lunch at the Honda Pavillon for each day. Cost in form of a donation will be $10.- per lunch per person, as in previous years.
We will have burgers and brats/sausages plus all the fixins plus soft drinks.
Open to anybody, ICOA member or not.

Send me an e-mail to mike.simon70@yahoo.com and let me know how many you plan for

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”