Vintage Days 2010

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Vintage Days 2010

Post by Rick Pope »

It's been pointed out that the Vintage Days info is missing from our schedule. I know I posted it a while back, but I must have done something in-correctly as it's not there.

I'll send a note to Jeff and Deb Davis for the complete rundown, but if anyone knows anything about a tent or other details, feel free to jump in here.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

TerryL
ICOA Travel Director
ICOA Travel Director

Post by TerryL »

Just what I read online,

http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsa ... index.html

I've ridden a Bridgestone 350 I think and it was fast fast fast, like the X6 Hustler was fast for a 250...or 350...or a Sportster for that matter! :lol: I'd love to see and hear them again.
Ride em if ya got em....

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Thanks Terry. The info I'm missing is things like the motel info, items about the Honda Pavillion and such. I'm sure Jeff will re-send it soon so I can post it properly this time.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The info that I have:

The dates are July 9-11.

The motel is the same as last year. ( Sorry, I didn't stay there, don't know which one it is) Only single rooms avalaibale as all doubles have been booked by a military event that goes on at the same time.

Jeff and Deb Davis are on top of securing the location (Honda Pavillon) for the ICOA meetings and lunch and are making preparations.

Jan is trying to get us a tent again for the infield. So far, the lady who was the contact last year has not responded. We are trying to use the same contact Jeff Davis works through for the Pavillon.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

TerryL wrote:Just what I read online,

http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsa ... index.html

I've ridden a Bridgestone 350 I think and it was fast fast fast, like the X6 Hustler was fast for a 250...or 350...or a Sportster for that matter! :lol: I'd love to see and hear them again.
Those early two strokes you mentioned were indeed fast......I took a demo ride on the X6, gassed it up in first gear and ....nothing before that in motorcycling prepared what happened and yes indeed it changed everything I thought I knew about motorcycling.

Based on this demo ride and later on ....I went down to Boston Cycles and talked to Kevin Cameron about putting together a 750 Kawasaki triple two stroke that would handle, stop and not smoke (all new trick synthetic oil). Price for this bike and all the mods was $1400. I look back on this and feel for whatever reason I did not do it probably extended my life so I could be here breathing .....and typing today.
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Deb abd jeff Davis have once again agreed tostep up and do their "thing" by feeding a hungry CBX crowd at Vintage Days 2010. Here's the info:

Mid-Ohio Vintage Bike Weekend 2010 July 9,10 & 11

We once again have the Honda Pavilion for the weekend. We have it from 8 AM until 5 PM every day. Lunch will be from noon to 1 PM every day. Cost to be determined.

Rooms are available at Motel 5555 Trimble Rd. Mansfield OH at 419-529-2100, ask for the Ohio CBX chapter rooms. Room rates are $74.99 for Friday & Saturday nights. These are for singles which have 1 double bed.

Reason for the singles only is, the motel has a prior contract with the military and there is an event occuring at the base this same weekend. Therefore, per this prior contract all double rooms are held for the military.

If you want to split a room be certain to bring a cot, air matress, sleeping bag, etc.... As the motel will not have anything else available. Or you will be sharing the same bed with your GOOD buddy......

Please let us know if you are planning to attend in order for us to get a head count for lunches. Email: dodavis@msn.com or call 740-369-2495 to leave a message.

Look forward to seeing you all there again!!!

Jeff & Deb Davis

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Thanks guys. I posted the info to the Rally Schedule.
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Vintage Days 2010

Post by EMS »

Update: As of today, I have not been able to reach Tigra from the AMA in order to confirm the availability of an exhibition tent for the club. I am still trying.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Good News! The tent for AMA Vintage Days has been confirmed by the AMA. The ICOA woll have a display presence in the infield, very similar to last year.
We need members - and/or friends- of the club bring their bikes to show. Bikes can be left there over night as security is provided. If desired, however, bike can also be removed over night or for other activities during the day.
We also need volunteers to help with staffing the tent and relief club officials who will take care of selling t-shirts and goodies and handle new member sign-up/applications

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Talked to Jeff Davis last evening, and he mentioned that very few folks have responded to him as to whether they'd be attending, and having lunch with us. He's trying to get a rough head count so he knows how much food to bring.

Give Jeff a holler at: dodavis@msn.com
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The same goes for the infield presence in the tent. Although the tent is smaller than last year when we shared the Classic Club tent with the CB750SOHC, it is still a 20x20 - exactly the same space we had for the CBX in the 40x20 and requires a little more support than what I can see we have so far! Come on guys....

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Put me down for next year Mike.... :cheers:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Well, this year, we have a special treat for all ICOA members: Jan is going to buy a Heineken for everyone on occasion of the Netherlands winning the Soccer World-Cup... :shock: :D :shock: :D

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I had money on Brazil too.... :cry:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

EMS wrote: Although the tent is smaller than last year when we shared the Classic Club tent with the CB750SOHC, it is still a 20x20 - exactly the same space we had for the CBX in the 40x20 and requires a little more support ....

Great! It seems that the appeal has worked and in spite of the attempt by some to field some anti-Vintage Days propaganda :roll: , there will be quite a few people coming who still consider this event an important Vintage Bike happening and who agree that the CBX should be a vital part of this.
I have been asked by several other-brand-riders if there will be a chance to buy a CBX during the event and I told them "Most Certainly!"
Hopefully some of the naysayers will sell theirs.... :wink:

P.S.: I currently have a new VFR1200 DCT on loan and if they don't need it back before that, I may bring it for somebody to test 8) 8)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”