CBX RALLY INFO

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

CBX RALLY INFO

Post by Louis »

Jan, As per a few phone calls we have had just wondering when you will have the 2009 WORLD WIDE MEGA CBX RALLY info posted so we can get some of the ICOA people that do not know or need more info about this cbx rally. I have seen some other post for other events posted that have nothing to do with CBX?? Also did you make resv yet?
Thanks, Louis

Rich Pleines

World Rally

Post by Rich Pleines »

Louis why not just post the details of the event in the rally section. I don’t think Jan would object. Participation by the ICOA might result in a great time for the membership and could very well result in new members from around the world. I understand there is quite a crew coming from Iceland :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The rally calendar section is not open for anybody to post in.
Rick Pope, the new ICOA Rally director controls this. It has to be coordinated with him.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Yup. I'm here.

Due to technical difficulties, I just recieved the info in a form I could open today. Sorry I don't have the latest and greatest computer, but I'm trying.

I'll try and get it posted this evening.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Okay, it's up. I'm playing around with different looks and styles, so don't be surprised if it changes from time to time. At least the info is there.

I'm slowly learning this stuff.......
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Rich, We have 16 alone from Iceland so far, I would say about 12-16 from the UK, 10 from Norway, 2 from Mexico, 4 from Australia, 2 from New Zealand, 12 or more from Canada, think 4 from Germany and 2 from PR. I know I am missing a couple countries and places. I will have a total when we get closer to the rally date of June 24th. Everyone that has called me about the World wide Mega Rally has thanked Bill and I so much for putting this on. We have many staying at a campground close to Bills house, so anybody that wants to camp it is not a problem just call Bill at TIMS 770-475-5550 and he will tell you. Rich I hope you can make it.

Rich Pleines

Rally Stuff

Post by Rich Pleines »

Sounds like a “World Rallyâ€

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Rich, That would be great with a loaner bike. I checked with my insurance for bikes and said not a problem. We are so short on loaner bikes wish more would do the same as you. Email me once you know for sure and I will get you in touch with the person that would use your bike. Thanks for your help. Louis

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Just want to tell you guys you might want to get those bikes nice a clean for the WORLD WIDE MEGA RALLY. We will have a major motorcycle magazine person there at the rally as well doing a big article on the CBX.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Louis wrote:Just want to tell you guys you might want to get those bikes nice a clean for the WORLD WIDE MEGA RALLY. We will have a major motorcycle magazine person there at the rally as well doing a big article on the CBX.
Fame at last.... :banana:
ICOA # 656

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Mitch Boehm,editor of MOTORCYCLIST RETRO will be attending the rally and will be doing an article on the cbx for a future issue.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Louis wrote: . We are so short on loaner bikes wish more would do the same as you.
Hey Louis, I see that Bill is selling two bikes on ebay right now. Why not postponing the sale and using those as loaner bikes :?: :?: Just a thought....

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Mike, That would be a great idea for sure. The red ones is someone elses and the black one is a 0 mile one. Now I know you have a few extra bike :lol: So why don't you bring a couple down for some others to use as well or if you are not coming maybe we can get someone to bring them down to the rally for you. Jan is coming as far as I know and he might have room for a couple. I think Bill is letting 4 of his bike out to be loaned. I am lending out 4 as well. Hell I would let someone use a KLR 650 if they wanted to use it. We NEED more. Everyone that i know that has a extra bike has lent them out to someone for the rally. So far everone that has emailed me about coming and has the extra room to bring it has lent it out as well. It is amazing how nice CBX owners are.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Louis wrote: . The red ones is someone elses and the black one is a 0 mile one. Now I know you have a few extra bike :lol: .
The red one is on ebay the third time. Always for sale by bill-timscbx, the first time in December.

Actually, the black one has 85 miles on a speedo that was changed as it is described as one of Tim's ground-up restorations. You want to tell me you don't have another one that you could use while it was loaned out?

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Call Bill and ask him or tell him what he should do with the bikes. Or you can buy it and let someone use it for the rally. Now that is a great idea.
What do you mean about this??? (You want to tell me you don't have another one that you could use while it was loaned out?)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”