Iron NUTT Rally

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
str8six
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Iron NUTT Rally

Post by str8six »

what ever happened to the 'Show us you're Nutts Rally' held in Saskatoon?
"It's got to be the going, not the getting there, that's fun" Harry Chapin

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: Iron NUTT Rally

Post by alimey4u2 »

str8six wrote:what ever happened to the 'Show us you're Nutts Rally' held in Saskatoon?
Welcome to the site str8six, I'm sure one of our Canadian friends can answer that question.... 8)
ICOA # 656

str8six

Re: Iron NUTT Rally

Post by str8six »

Thanks for your reply. And thank you for the welcome. I was a member of the board for some time but have been away doing other fun motorcycle related stuff. But it is almost time for this rally, and i would really hate to miss it. Thanks again. Regards. :)

Is Quance still around??

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Some old faces & some new, please continue to visit us olduns... :wink: Ride safe & enjoy...... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

Iron Nutt usually runs Thanksgiving (CDN) weekend, So that would be Oct. 6. I'll see what I can find out. Wouldn't mind going myself but am now without a CBX. Don't know what happened to Quance. Maybe Tony (sixofsix) has some info.

nick
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

str8six

Post by str8six »

WITHOUT A CBX!!?? What's with that Nick?? thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Len B

sixofsix
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by sixofsix »

Quance still lives. Rides an off brand bike now. It's a Ducati ST3. He lives in a cave by Calgary with several species of wooley creatures.

Ray Korpan holds the Nutte every year in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan during winter just to be a prick. October is wintertime there, so he thinks it is sooo funny to suck people in, to risk life and limb to ride across the frozen Canadian prairies during this time.

Yes, I once rode out to it, and almost froze to death over the Roger's Pass. Ray laffed and laffed. He actually even used to hold it Rememberance Day weekend. You know, Rememberance Day, November 11th, the day we remember our dead frozen heros. What a prick.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

sixofsix wrote:Quance still lives. Rides an off brand bike now. It's a Ducati ST3. He lives in a cave by Calgary with several species of wooley creatures.

Ray Korpan holds the Nutte every year in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan during winter just to be a prick. October is wintertime there, so he thinks it is sooo funny to suck people in, to risk life and limb to ride across the frozen Canadian prairies during this time.

Yes, I once rode out to it, and almost froze to death over the Roger's Pass. Ray laffed and laffed. He actually even used to hold it Rememberance Day weekend. You know, Rememberance Day, November 11th, the day we remember our dead frozen heros. What a prick.
That is one funny post! :D :D :D Seriously. 8) As one who rode one year in January through ice and snow to the Nürburgring to the Elefantentreffen, I can sure sympathize with your feelings, Tony! :wink:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

We have a "similar" rally in Europe called The Elephant....Makes my sinuses ache just typing this.... :?

http://rides.webshots.com/album/142699001ENdIuC
ICOA # 656

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

str8six wrote:WITHOUT A CBX!!?? What's with that Nick?? thanks for your reply,

Regards,

Len B
Hey Len. Guess you heard from Ray that the rally is likely off this year.

Ya I am now CBXless. Sold my 81 about a month ago to a guy in Calgary. he's loving it and I'm missing it but I'm having fun on the KLR. Sold my 80 to my brother a couple of years ago. He likes the bike a lot but is thinking of joining the KLR gang.

Nick
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

sixofsix wrote: Yes, I once rode out to it, and almost froze to death over the Roger's Pass. Ray laffed and laffed. He actually even used to hold it Rememberance Day weekend. You know, Rememberance Day, November 11th, the day we remember our dead frozen heros. What a prick.
I was at that same rally Tony and applauded your perseverance to make that trip. I trailered our bikes there but then I don't have every heated accessory clothing item available on the market.

str8six

Post by str8six »

I was at that one too. Probably the main reason I continue to go. My 82 is sitting on the lift just needing oil and a battery and I was ready to go. Back out to the shed she goes.

It is off for this year as Ray has other plans but maybe, hopefully, next year? :oops: Ray only has about a dozen CBX's so I can't see him giving up on us permanently?! :? TTYL lb

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Did someone mention cold weather?????

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... 2Small.jpg
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Bump

EMS wrote: That is one funny post! :D :D :D Seriously. 8) As one who rode one year in January through ice and snow to the Nürburgring to the Elefantentreffen, I can sure sympathize with your feelings, Tony! :wink:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

OUCH..... :yikes: Wot.... no sun...... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”