Deal's Gap Kawasaki Triples Meet

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Deal's Gap Kawasaki Triples Meet

Post by Ric »

The annual Kawasaki Triples meet at Deal's Gap is May 16-18. Lots of other 2-strokes will be there too. If you have a smoker, bring it. Otherwise bring whatcha got, all are welcome.

If you like old bikes, you must experience this many street 2-strokes in one spot. It's a real hoot. But be warned, you will get hooked !!!

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Triple Rally

Post by Jim-Jim »

Since we all applauded (at least, mostly) the new CBX Club website with separate forums for separate related topics, I'm wondering two things: 1) Why is this item on Tech Tips and 2) Why is it here at all - this is a CBX forum; I'm sure (?) there is a Triple website that conveys this sort of information.

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

Jim-Jim.....

1. Other message boards in the format of this one usually have a function that brings up new "Posts Since Your Last Visit". This function brings up the new posts from all the different catagories. I didn't see this function here so I went to what I thought to be the most watched place.

2. My motorcycle friends here and at other sites have more than one bike and they're not all CBX's. The triple guys (some also have CBX's) and myself would love to have all the CBX guys show up at the Gap.

andy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by andy »

A Kawasaki triple 2-stroke doesn't remotelycompare to a CBX, handles twice as bad, and smells infinately worse.

Other than that, I have nothing against them. Some of my best friends have Kawasakis.
75 Kawa F7, 71 CB500-4, 79 750F, 82 750 Sabre, 83 Suzuki XN85 TURBO, 81 CBX, 69 CB750 X 14 (like those old Honda's a little)

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

LOL...and a CBX doesn't remotely compare to a triple. That's why I have one of each !!! :lol:

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

Keep posting these meets! I had one of those beast long before the cbx. I enjoy all bikes!!!!!!!! I love my X but I have many different bikes in my garage and of all brands.

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ENOUGH 2 STROKES!!!

Post by Tom Whaley »

Everyone has their own thing to do, or what motorcycles to like or collect. Myself I'm tired of reading about two stroke motorcycles (very loose term) on this forum. I find them to be a noisy, obnoxious sounding, smoking, ill handling piece shit. They were exactly that when they were new and they haven't improved with age. This is a CBX forum provided by the ICOA CBX club and paid for by ICOA funds. So why don't we talk about CBX's for awhile.

:flame:
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

This is not my fight but I`ll throw a punch...I`m glad I`m not so ignorant as some appear to be here with thier comments and I`ll leave it at that. Again I love my X but there are several same era bikes that I wouldn`t want to get into a handling/drag race with on my X.

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

ROCKETDUDE !!! Come on man...It's just for fun.

Why don't you come over to the Gap May 16-18 and see. Really ! All these guys are great people and some will more than likely have their CBX with them too.

I'm not here talking about 2-strokes, I'm inviting one motorcycle group to come have fun with all of us in a different motorcyle group. Jezzz.....if we didn't do that now and then we might as well be riding Harleys.

You come to the Gap. I'm in the last room on the end. I'll have my blue 71 H1, a red Dodge Ram, my beautifull Pam Anderson look-a-like wife, and a head full of grey hair. You come and I'll buy you dinner and all the scotch you can drink. Heck, I'll even let you drive my H1 through the Gap. Then of course you'll be wanting one.

dkrager
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by dkrager »

Ric wrote:
1. Other message boards in the format of this one usually have a function that brings up new "Posts Since Your Last Visit". This function brings up the new posts from all the different catagories. I didn't see this function here so I went to what I thought to be the most watched place.
Ric,

Perhaps this might be of help to you. The icons on the left side of the screen will glow in orange for Posts that have been updated since your last login.

If you prefer a list type view of posts that have been updated since your last login. Click on the ?View posts since last visit? link on the top right hand side of the screen.

Additionally if you want to view new posts based on time anywhere from 1 day to 1 year with additional sort options use the drop down boxes at the top center of the screen.
This one comes in handy for unregistered users since they have no last login to reference.

Hope this helps,

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Comments

Post by EMS »

Hey, CBXChris: Very well said! Very well! At least some of the guys in our fine club don't wear blinders!

Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Fondahonda »

I love the smell of bean oil in the morning; it smells like.... oh never mind.

I'd like to be there just to ride that part of the country. I'll bet its nice. And the sound of all those chain saw engines going at once! Awesome.

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Two Strokes!!!

Post by Tom Whaley »

You guy's are missing the point here. I too have other rides and they both say Honda on them. This is a Honda CBX forum paid for by a CBX club to talk about Honda CBX motorcycles or club related topics. I personally feel the same way about Hondas as a Harley dude feels about his/hers Harley so yes I do understand that you can have other bikes of interest. If you want to talk about your Kawa 2 strokes that is fine but do it at a appropriate place.
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

CBX group

Post by SS »

I'll come in on the side of keeping these discussions on the brand specific sites/boards. We can NOT and should NOT try to be all things to all people

Or, we could change the name of the club to something like International Motorcycle Owners Association :lol: and watch members abandon us for a real CBX club somewhere else.

Don't care to discuss brands other than CBX's & Honda's in general in this group thats what I pay for :twisted: .

I will wager that if you belong to another brand discussion group, they would quickly flame you for holding a lengthy tirade regarding the merits, or whatever of some other (off topic) brands.

I respect the idea that when discussing CBX's on a world wide board like this we really owe it to all members to keep the focus where we purport that our group is based/focused.

Why you like the other brands isn't an issue, and frankly Scarlet I don't give a DAMN.

To any and all multiple brands owners (includes myself) If we want to have off brand discussions, lets take to individual emails.
:!:
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ric »

SS......

Jezzzzzz...... For crying out loud.....I just extended a simple invitation ! I didn't start "A lengthy tirade" !!!......LOL.....

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”