CAFE RACER WEEKEND 24TH 25TH AUG'07 FRANCE MOTOMARTIN CBX'S

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

CAFE RACER WEEKEND 24TH 25TH AUG'07 FRANCE MOTOMARTIN CBX'S

Post by gogigscotland »

Sorry to say that after many many very happy CBX Euromeetings in England (2), France, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Holland (2) we have decided to attend the French Cafe Racer weekend for Moto Martins in mid South West France run by the Moto Martin Clubs of the world. Moto Martins covered the big Kawasakis and Suzukis but have a large number of CBX's in their midst. What about it Jean Paul?????

Paul Pursey (Moto Mental Turbo CBX) Alan Fisher Martin 1280 CBX myself Martin 1170 CBX are planning to go but don't know what the rest of the Brits are doing as there is normally a big turnout by them at the Euromeetings.

Wish Sweden all the best and we will miss the same old faces particularly Tony Rickie and the Euro crew.

Details of the meeting we are going to at St Georges De Pointindoux:

www.motomartin.com under 2007 events
Last edited by gogigscotland on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Glad to see that CBXers are meeting all over the world! :D I wonder if my waterproof clothing would hold up for the trip over..... :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

I'm going to be in Geneva around that time so hopefully I will be able to spend a day or two..... Again, Many Thanks for the info...:thumupp:

Anyone riding over from the UK ???
ICOA # 656

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Larry, I could come over and stay a few days and go with you. LOL

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Louis wrote:Larry, I could come over and stay a few days and go with you. LOL
Not a problem Louis, come on over.... :lol:
ICOA # 656

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Cafe Racer Days

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi
Did a quick check about 480 miles from Geneva to French Martin event.

You are most welcome though 8)

We plan to be there with the bikes below :D

Last edited by gogigscotland on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: Cafe Racer Days

Post by alimey4u2 »

gogigscotland wrote:Hi
Did a quick check about 480 miles from Genve to French Martin event.

You are most welcome though 8)

We plan to be there with the bikes below :D

Thanks, I may ride early & go to the meet first ( I have Wifey's permission)...... :lol: Not sure if I will do the ferry or the tunnel thing though ?
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Can you do the tunnel on a motorcycle, Larry? I thought you had to drive up a train and stay in your vehicle :?:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

EMS wrote:Can you do the tunnel on a motorcycle, Larry? I thought you had to drive up a train and stay in your vehicle :?:
I think they do bikes on the train Mike, lemme check......
ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Yup, no probs.......
Motorcycle

Eurotunnel is a natural choice for a motorcyclist - it is the fastest direct route between the open roads of the UK and the Continent. You also pay half the price of a car. See our fare structure and choose a fare that suits you – save money by booking earlier or travelling at a quieter time of day. Book now – it couldn’t be easier.

For safety reasons, we board you at the rear of the shuttle. Don’t worry about the security of your belongings, or strapping during transit; you stay with your motorcycle for the fast 35-minute journey.
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

That should be exciting. :shock: On the train with your motorcycle. Wonder if the carriers are enclosed :?: :?:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

EMS wrote:That should be exciting. :shock: On the train with your motorcycle. Wonder if the carriers are enclosed :?: :?:
Yup it's a drive in carriage Mike, totally enclosed..... 8)
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

They should have an open car and hand out goggles for passengers to (really) have a good time :!:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Terry wrote:They should have an open car and hand out goggles for passengers to (really) have a good time :!:
Sounds like a plan to me Terry..... 8) :lol:
ICOA # 656

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

WERE BACK!!

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi All

Well we just got back from France Paul Pursey Alan Fisher, Paul Bennets Steve Blackburn and myself with our 4 Moto Martin CBX'S at this fantastic Cafe Racer weekend in South West France aimed at all marques (and cars too) but hosted and organised by Moto Martin with the legendary George Martin in atterndance all weekend, it was a truly great Cafe Racer meet with about 80 bikes on the rideout and many more on-site over the weekend.

The icing on the cake was that Alan Fisher won the top award for best in show for his truly original Moto Martin CBX. Paul P Paul B and myself picked up other trophies which was enjoyable.
We also had the rare experince of a rideout with seven Martin CBX's of which we had three in attendance Pauls Bennets was making some final tweaks to his so didn't make the ride.
Dinner with George Martin sitting right next to us was great serving us foord and more than a little red wine 8) , so many questions were asked and answered.

Truly great stuff and we only met new faces so many new friends to add to the many old friends that we missed from not making the Swedish meet.

Will post pics and a full report as soon as practical when I have recovered from the 1,500 mile round trip :)

Best meantime to you all.

Gordon
Scotland

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”