Have You Read the News?

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have You Read the News?

Post by Carl »

Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

Sounds like a great idea to me. Harley has made great amounts of $$$ by selling basically the same idea for decades. I'd be interested in not only Honda coming out with a retro bike but other manufacturers as well. Like the one writer posted, he was wondering if Kawasaki would come out with a Z1. :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I dare to say it will turn into a flop. Remember Kawasaki's 650? When they introduced it in Europe, everybody on this side of the ocean whined about not being able to get the bike in the U.S.
When Kawasaki brought it over, nobody bought it. Kawasaki canned it.
There is not enough real market for a bike in that segment ( standard bike under 1000cc) to sustain a viable and sucessful production run.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Hummmmmm....with Hondas USA sales projected at a 35% decline this year I am sure someone at Honda thinks a replica of the original 750 four could be the answer.....no one else will ....in my view!

So who in the USA wants a replica of an ole bike that tens of thousands were made?

Is it reallly that cool to have an exact replica of a 1969 Honda Four for anyone besides those that get a big thrill out of going to bike shows and sitting beside their bike for three days in some field in the heat of summer!!

One group that won't like the idea that much will be people that have spend alot of $ restoring the orginals ....and neither will most other people.

I think this will end up being just another of Hondas motorcycle marketing failures that will not sell....but years later people will be driving thousands of miles to buy used for some reason .......just like GB500, Hawk 650, Pacific Coast, 50cc road racer, long list....on and on.
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Totally agree, Mike :!:

Phil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Phil »

Back in the day it and the 500 triple were top of the heap bad ass bikes and sold well. Now the local squids wouldn`t even considered it a starter bike. Still would be cool to see.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”