CBX World Rally 2005 ??????

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

CBX World Rally 2005 ??????

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi

What about this for an idea, would it fly or not!!!

A lot of you Stateside plan to do the Coast to Coast in 2005 it has created an element of interest in Europe and certainly at the very least four of us have it in our 2005 Rally plans. It was a topic of conversation for the Brits at the recent Swiss Euro Rally.

Would it be an idea for the end of the Coast to Coast to conclude at a suitable west coast Rally location so that those involved could chill out for a few days together, whilst others join in for a World Rally event and activities.

Having attended the last World CBX Rally organised by Mike Q and his team in Canada. The prospect of both a (even part time) C2C run and a high profile Rally to finish it off may entice some others from further afield to Join in.

The Canadian World had representation from all over including Australia and Japan.

It would be good to have another some 5 years on would it not!!

Now let me just say I FULLY appreciate the huge task and efforts that go into Rallies so I guess it is very much a question for Mike Q and the west coast base team to answer.

I also fully appreciate the efforts involved in travelling to these events, however the combination of the two attractions C2C and World may be enough to entice more of us further afield to make the effort.

Feedback thoughts please!!!

Gordon

Scotland

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Gordon,
I think that's a splendid idea. The California boys have a rally at Carson City, NV each year, right about the same time as we'll be rolling into town. And Carson City is on US 50......... We'll be there on Saturday, July 30. Then it's an easy one day drive to the Pacific from Carson City.
Thanks foir your input and don't hesitate to forward any other suggestions.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

icoa822
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by icoa822 »

Hello Rick,

The California CBX get-together in Carson City usually happens the same weekend as the CJMC's (Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club) big show and swap meet in Squaw Valley on the northside of lake Tahoe. This year it was July 23-25. I'll try to find out when their scheduling it for next year.

Regards,

Rod

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

icoa822 wrote:Hello Rick,

The California CBX get-together in Carson City usually happens the same weekend as the CJMC's (Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club) big show and swap meet in Squaw Valley on the northside of lake Tahoe. This year it was July 23-25. I'll try to find out when their scheduling it for next year.

Regards,

Rod

Thans Rod, I've never been to that area, but I thought it might make a good meeting point and rest stop before opur final push to the coast. A two day stop would let us explore and still get us to the Pacific within a tewo week total trip time.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

World Rally 2005 and Coast to Coast

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi Guys

What news of the Coast to Coast and the tie in with a 'World Rally' status event on the West Coast..........possibility.

Dave Moore from England was over in the last few weeks and he reported back certain question marks over the whole event.

Can you set the record straight as there is still interest in Europe which I would like to firm up on.

Can only do this if there is definite plans.

Appreciate that it is about 8 months away but people need to save and plan for such a big event if it is confirmed.

Cheers and appreciate your efforts.

Gordon

Scotland

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

The Coast to Coast (C2C) ride is definately going to happen. I have all the motels booked from the Atlantic to mid Kansas. Bill Hoctor and I are planning to run the western portion of the route in early December and make the arrangements for that portion of the trip.

We'll leave the East coast on July 18, be in Colorado July 26-28, and to the Pacific on August 1 or 2. The full itinerary will be in the upcoming issue of the CBXPress.

My plan is to have all motels and contact numbers listed in the winter XPress, so everyone can make reservations.
Rick Pope

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: World Rally 2005 and Coast to Coast

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

gogigscotland wrote:Hi Guys

What news of the Coast to Coast and the tie in with a 'World Rally' status event on the West Coast..........possibility.

Dave Moore from England was over in the last few weeks and he reported back certain question marks over the whole event.

Can you set the record straight as there is still interest in Europe which I would like to firm up on.

Can only do this if there is definite plans.

Appreciate that it is about 8 months away but people need to save and plan for such a big event if it is confirmed.

Gordon

Scotland

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Gordon

I would be interested in what the "question marks" on this event were reported to you and what the source of them are so we can ensure this is straightend out and reported correctly by everyone vs unfounded rumor.

Now I only have second hand information direct from Rick and Bill but do hear alot from members in emails and on phone calls .....have yet to hear anything remotely close to a "question mark" on the event.

Mike

Gordon

Scotland[/quote]

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

CBX World Rally 2005

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi Mike

Dave Moore called after having spent sometime over meeting a few CBX'ers at Dennis's place reporting that 'there was some q's over the C2C' now unfortunately Dave does not have the names although it was not Dennis!!

I apologise in so much as I should have written to you or Rick rather than ask in this forum such a question, as it is now crystal clear (and good news to hear) that all is progressing very much as planned by the sound of things.

I do hope that the 'World Rally' (even in a Mini form) may be an option at the end of the trip.

Again apologies indeed if I had introcuced any doubts by quoting an ill defined source and again great to hear all is going to plan. :D

Best meantime.

Gordon

Scotland

Hi Gordon

I would be interested in what the "question marks" on this event were reported to you and what the source of them are so we can ensure this is straightend out and reported correctly by everyone vs unfounded rumor.

Now I only have second hand information direct from Rick and Bill but do hear alot from members in emails and on phone calls .....have yet to hear anything remotely close to a "question mark" on the event.

Mike

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Hi Gordon

Glad we are back on the right path on this and that everyone agrees plans for the C2C are solid.

Thanks for reply

Mike

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I've sent emails to M. Quance and MBB with no replies, asking if this 05 C2C rally is open to every X rider or only ICOA members. Which is it? If it is open to all X riders, will a tentative route/schedule be listed somewhere?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Rick Pope...........can you answer this for us

Terry wrote:I've sent emails to M. Quance and MBB with no replies, asking if this 05 C2C rally is open to every X rider or only ICOA members. Which is it? If it is open to all X riders, will a tentative route/schedule be listed somewhere?

>>>>

Hi Terry

I did not get an email from you on this. Forward what you sent so I can figure out why I didn't

Actually, in this case what Mike Q or my views are really don't matter anyway since it is the rally host (Rick Pope for 2005 ICOA C2C Rally) who determines detail rally items like if non CBXers can attend or if there will be a diff rally fee for non members

Historically for the rallies I have hosted everyone was welcome nomatter the bike since I viewed anyone coming to a CBX Rally on a non CBX as a potential CBX Owner and member.

At Marlinton, where I was the rally host, we charged non members $30 vs members rate of $15 and no one complained since this covered the ICOA Rally Insurance plus all the beer and soda one wanted to drink for an entire week plus the nightly bon fires, live bands and everything else.

That was then and when I was the rally host..... and now is now with Rick Pope being the C2C Rally Host.

Rick, you want to take care of Terrys question.

Mike

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Thanks for the response Mike but I can only "forward" it to the email addy I sent it to the first time so ??? team222@paonline.com? As for sending my Q to Quance, I did because he's listed as the ICOA Rally Director.

So, Mr. Pope, what's the deal?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Terry wrote:Thanks for the response Mike but I can only "forward" it to the email addy I sent it to the first time so ??? team222@paonline.com? As for sending my Q to Quance, I did because he's listed as the ICOA Rally Director.

>>>>

Terry

C my PM to you

Best

Mike

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Terry wrote:Thanks for the response Mike but I can only "forward" it to the email addy I sent it to the first time so ??? team222@paonline.com? As for sending my Q to Quance, I did because he's listed as the ICOA Rally Director.

Terry,

All CBXs and friends are welcome, but ICOA members will have a lower rally fee. I haven't set a price as yet, because we don't know how much the insurance will cost, or what other benefits we may include.

A schedule of the ride will be in the next issue of the CBXPress, and I would guess that it might also be posted on the ICOA home page.

I know alot of folks will be riding bikes other than CBXs, my wife being one, some of my younger brothers being others. I, of course, will be on my 40,000 mile '79.
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Terry,

All CBXs and friends are welcome, but ICOA members will have a lower rally fee. I haven't set a price as yet, because we don't know how much the insurance will cost, or what other benefits we may include.

A schedule of the ride will be in the next issue of the CBXPress, and I would guess that it might also be posted on the ICOA home page.

I know alot of folks will be riding bikes other than CBXs, my wife being one, some of my younger brothers being others. I, of course, will be on my 40,000 mile '79.
Rick Pope

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”