2011 Winter Rally

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
80 cbx dude #6216
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: 2011 Winter Rally

Post by 80 cbx dude #6216 »

Count Myself and my wife Christine in....Should be there friday afternoon :)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

80 cbx dude #6216 wrote:Count Myself and my wife Christine in....Should be there friday afternoon :)

Cool! Mike: spread the word around! I know that there are some more CBXers in Michigan who are not regulars here on the forum. The more the merrier!

You all know that you have to make your own reservation? :!: :?: :?

Dave Ditner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: Oxford, Michigan except for winter, Wildwood Florida then

Post by Dave Ditner »

EMS wrote:Excellent idea, Nils 8) 8) All very good projects. I could provide the facility and the bikes to do this. One problem I see, is that many CBXers who do want to attend a rally or a winter meet want to get away for a few days and DO NOT want to wrench. :no :no I am not sure, if we would get enough support for a project weekend like this. Let's see what the feedback is.

Coming back to Don's comments: I am sorry Don, it sure looks like that I jumped all over you for making a valid suggestion, while in reality it was a reaction to somebody else's unqualified remark that was made somewhere else. Rick did announce the plans for the meeting at other places also, only to draw the usual contradiction from the usual source.

But here is something to think about: This show circus makes a stop in Greenville, SC on February 25-27. We could have the winter meeting there. For side activities, I could probably arrange for a visit to the BMW plant and they have an adjacent small museum.
Also, at the same time as the bike show in Cleveland, January 28-30, there is a thing called "Great American Motorcycle Show" in Norcross, Georgia. I have no idea what this is, may be a "V-Twin only" event.
Last but not least, we could ask Louis and Preston if they want to put up a winter meet in Donellon, Florida. I am sure it would be a ball to watch Preston tinker on a CBX 8)

Let's approach this thing from a few different sides and see what we can come up with. I am still willing to support an event in Cleveland, even for a smaller group and without the banner of it being an official "ICOA winter meeting."

Hell, I'd even ride to 'Dunellon 8) 8) 8)
Davey

9 Xs: 4-79s, 1-80, 1-81 and 3-82s

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

From where you are, I would too, Dave. Any white stuff? If not, I'll be glad to send some! Got a little extra I'm not using.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Well guys I can't get to the show in Cleveland which does not bother me but would love to get to the get together with fellow CBXers!

So yesterday I went to the show in Washington DC. Drove up to Springfield and took the Metro to the DC Convention Center. Easy trip and never got cold.

The motorcycle show itself was okay. Unfortunately BMW was not represented so could not see the new 6 cylinder. I also wanted to compare the new Yamaha Super Tenere with the BMW GS and could not do that. They did have the Triumph Sprint GT, which puts a lot of weight on my wrists.

Unfortunately Pam and I spent more time in the vendor area and came away with some new Gerber Gear and have a couple new helmets on order.

We did have a fun day and a nice dinner out!
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Supposedly, you can save $3.00 per ticket by using promo-code MUSEUM:

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/Cleveland

bkweis
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bkweis »

Mike Chuck Ewing and I will be there sat morning and will go to the I x center first hope to see everone there. Brian
2 79 cbx`s, 84 rz350 ,1972 dt2,2003 st1300

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Here is one last minute addition for information:

If there are any "significant others" coming and the ladies do not want to go to the motorcycle show, the Cleveland Home and Garden Show is going on at the same time. This may be something they may be more interested in.

http://cleveland.about.com/od/events/p/ ... garden.htm

As far as dinner on Saturday is concerned, I can probably help out with some suggestions on Saturday right before the board meeting, depending on what style cooking the majority fancies.
For a large group: We have two Japanese Steck Houses relatively close to the hotel.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Well, Susan and I are on track for an early afternoon arrival. We should get out of here around 8:00a and hopefully it will take about 5 hours plus lunch. Anyone else planning to be there Friday?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

We're on track for an arrival around 3:30p at the IX Center. I'll have a blue denim shirt w/ the ICOA logo on front, gray beard, and the cutest scooter riding grandma in the place at my side. See ya at the motel later to re-group for supper?

My cell # is 513-284-6927.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

We're back home. Had a great time.

Went to the show Friday, then on Saturday met with the McMunns, Bob and Cathy Steiner, and Larry Zimmer at the West Side Market in Cleveland for a bit of culinary treasure hunting, then on to Great Lakes Brewing Co. for a beer sampling and light lunch.

Then, we all met back at the motel where we had a ICOA board meeting, discussed possible rallies and such, and finally loaded up and went to supper at the Medina Steakhouse and Sallon.

Susan and I had a great time and thank all those who attended for brightening up a portion of the cold winter months.
Rick Pope

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Ditto all the above, Rick. The only thing missing was some riding. But, the Market, Brew Company, Steakhouse AND THE COMPANY well compensated.

A few pics of ICOA members doing what they do best!

Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

80 cbx dude #6216
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by 80 cbx dude #6216 »

+1 here also!!! Christine and I got to meet some new friends and enjoyed the International Motorcycle Show as well. Hope to get together soon as Larry said and do some riding!!!-Mike

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Thanks everybody for coming! It was nice meeting you again and for the the first time (Mike!) Glad you had a good time in spite of the inclement weather.
I will post meeting minutes in the club section soon!

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Golly Larry, it looks like yer hangin' with some olde phartes!!!!! There's a lot of gray in those beards. :lol:
Rick Pope

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”