Vintage Days 2010

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Vintage Days 2010

Post by EMS »

Here is another last minute incentive: The ICOA member who comes the longest way to Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio will receive a Minichamps CBX model. You have to see me during the event and put in your claim. Mapquest will determine the mileage form your residence to Lexington, the longest distance will win. I don't care if you flew, trailered or rode your CBX :!:

Mike Simon
Secretary ICOA

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Today is the day to get ready for Vintage Days! The trailer will be loaded with - the '81 for the display tent,- the "pit bike" (Kawasaki Triple) to move about and join the "Ride 'em Don't Hide 'em" event and - the commuter bike (undecided).
Unfortunately, work got in the way and delayed my progress in getting the '79 and/or the '80 ready for VMD.
Hope to have one of them done for Colorado.
E-Z Ups will be packed, I will pick up the new ICOA banner this afternoon and make a final run to the "beer store" - any special requests, anyone ???? If not, it is going to be Blue Moon. Nice and refreshing for summer weather.
Forecast is good for the weekend. While Friday has scattered showers, both Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be dry with lower temperatures, not exceeding 80 by much.
If you don't hear from me the next couple of days, you know why :wink:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Enjoy Mike.... 8)
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

We just got back! We had a great time again. Met a lot of friends and saw many awesome bikes. The ICOA was well represented and the CBX, as usual, did draw quite a crowd. Saturday we wished we would have had a tent three times the size :D :D A detailed report is in the making! Stay tuned!

Ringnalda
ICOA Staff
ICOA Staff

Post by Ringnalda »

It was a great weekend. Rain showers on Friday but we sent that along to New Hampshire to give Mike Cecchini his fair share of water... Hopefully it made it on time.

Saturday and Sunday were fabulous days, 75 degrees, not too humid, racing was good, The ICOA tent was very busy, a number of people decided it was good to join the club as a useful resource to keep their CBX running well! Lots of familiar faces and some new ones.

We had a board meeting on-site, and the minutes of this will be posted on-line by the ICOA Secretary, these minutes will also be published in the next CBXPress.

Again Jeff and Deb Davis did a great job in preparing the hotel/motel reservations, also the unmissable lunches! Mike Simon provided a nice new ICOA banner which could be read clear across from the Vendor area, and Dave and Diane McMunn who manned the tent (again) for most of the weekend. Thanks guys!

The game on Sunday has been erased from my memory. Suffice to say I drunk all the Heinekens.

Not long to go now to Colorado!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

O.K., let me start with a few pictures. Maybe somebody else will add more....

All loaded up and ready to go. A commuter bike to go back and forth between home and track, the “pit bike” and a CBX for the ICOA exhibit.

We had hardly set up and traffic started already

One of the biggest attraction was,of course, “Sweepings” and everybody wanted to hear the sound of the new Pipemasters racing 6-6.

Lunch was being served in the Honda Pavillion and the line formed fast

The place was almost filled at capacity

It was a little quieter at “Manufacturer’s Midway” this year. Several vendors from previous years were not there.

Traffic at our PR tent, however, was booming

A few spots down the road, the VJMC had some really nice bikes too. Nick’s (last name?) awesome CB1100Rd

And two of an even rarer species. Not very often you see two of them at the same time

Another rarity in the swap meet. Price tag was $74K. Now, if the seller would just adjust his attitude ever so slightly, he may run less of a chance to chase away a potential customer.

He sure had some rather pricey merchandise

Judge for yourself

One for those who think they need to be faster than everybody else..

And one of two of you know what, that I saw for sale

Supposedly, it wasn’t running, that’s why the low price tag..

Acroos the road from us, was another old friend, Mark Mederski. Now working for the National Motorcycle Museum in Iowa

He brought a neat little exhibit with him

Finally, on Sunday, it calmed down a bit. The neighbors, including the VJMC bolted early..

..and resting a bit. Pondering the success and grooming the next generation to take over.. :wink: :D

bkweis
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by bkweis »

Great pictures mike . The flow of people threw the ICOA tent was great got to meet with alot of great people. I would like to thank Jeff and Deb davis for the wonderfull lunch.I also would like to thank Dave and Diane Mcmunn for the transportaion to and from the motel and enjoyed working with you in the ICOA tent
I also would like to tell everbody sorry chuck Ewing and I were unable to make it back to mid ohio on Sunday . Hope to see everybody a future meet.
Thanks Brian
2 79 cbx`s, 84 rz350 ,1972 dt2,2003 st1300

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Thanks, Brian! It was good to see you again. Seems like VMD and the Winter meeting are the only times we get together in spite of being relatively close.. :roll:

I don't know if it is my connection, but the pictures do not seem to load quite right. If anybody else has the problem, please let me know.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

A great weekend. Wish I could have stayed for Sunday as well, but I made a promise.....

It certainly was fun seeing old friends and meeting new folks. And in a few instances, putting a face to a name.

So many folks emntioned that they'd be in Colorado too. We may have a bigger crowd than I'd expected.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

EMS wrote: The ICOA member who comes the longest way to Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio will receive a Minichamps CBX model.

Mike Simon
Secretary ICOA

First, I thought it would be Ray Korpan, coming all the way from the other side of the continent. :D Then David Holzman from Israel showed up and looked like the winner...until I heard that Arnon Noiman was there too. :shock:
I was going to give it to whoever had the longest trip from home to Tel Aviv airport, but David graciously stepped back and said I should give the model to Arnon! Hope you like it! 8) 8)

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

Thanks for the great pics - looks like a good time was had by all! What are the dates for next year so I can start my scheming?

Steve
82 CBX, 82 CB900F Project, 81 CB900(985)F, 79 CB750(810)F, 06 Wee-Strom

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Great pics guys Green with envy here.... :wink:
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”