Rally Attendance

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Rally Attendance

Post by NobleHops »

Bravo Jan. Thank you for all that you did to help the club turn the page, and for your thick skin. I'll see you in Newburgh.

N.
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Re: Rally Attendance

Post by Rick Pope »

Well said Jan, but I'll add a couple of minor things:

Mike originally signed on for 5 years, as he stated in a CBXPress when he took office. He, in fact, served 8 years, and was quietly looking for a replacement for a while before Jan stepped up. Nobody else offered to take the position, as far as I know.

The club finances were in sad shape 4 years ago. Printing bills for the XPress were being paid as subscriptions came in, but were ALWAYS in arrears. Numbers did not add up. You may not like how we got where we are now, but we're in the black, and no creditors are knocking.

Mike did far more as admin/editor/pres. than anyone should ever have to do. But, he chose to do it that way, and is some ways did great, in some ways, not so great. Hey, nobody's perfect.

I used to have folks contacting me asking about hosting a rally. Last year there were two. By all accounts of attendees, they were successfull. But, there were few attendees. A sign of the times?

Enough bickering, I'd rather hear some offers to help.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”