CBX World Rally 2005 ??????

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Thanks for the info. Considering my location, about an hour from the Pacific, I hadn't thought of deadheading east just to ride back west to where I live but I'm familiar with all the two lanes along the coast between Morro Bay and points north. I also know of a motorcycle friendly place to stay in the Santa Cruz Mts. I wonder if any riders will want to ride up to the Redwoods, or thru Yosemite?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Terry,

Anyone who does the whole ride will "dead-head" one way, no matter where you start/end. I live in Indiana, and will have a lot of "return time" too.

We'll arrive in Carson City on about July 30, so we can hit Yosemite from there, or press on to the coast and folks can tour in whatever direction they please. My wife and I plan to spend about a week touring California before returning home.

It'll be the trip of a lifewtime, and a chance to meet a lot of other CBXers. Get yer vacation time in order.......
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Rick Pope #3002 wrote:Terry,

Anyone who does the whole ride will "dead-head" one way, no matter where you start/end. I live in Indiana, and will have a lot of "return time" too.

We'll arrive in Carson City on about July 30, so we can hit Yosemite from there, or press on to the coast and folks can tour in whatever direction they please. My wife and I plan to spend about a week touring California before returning home.

It'll be the trip of a lifewtime, and a chance to meet a lot of other CBXers. Get yer vacation time in order.......

>>>>

Terry

I think there is one other option.

You could have your bike transported to Denver.............fly there to meet the C2C and ride your bike back to West Coast.

Our plans are to have our bike transported to Denver from East Coast...fly there to meet the ride....ride to West Coast and fly home...then have our bike transported back home.

Note This: ICOA members will receive special bike transport pricing from Allied Van Lines (One of the C2C Rally Sponsors)

Rick...is any of this correct?

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dates for C2C and Morganton Question

Post by gogigscotland »

Hi

We had a party with some of the other Brits last weekend and certainly Dave Moore, Alan Fisher and I had a question.

What sort of dates would the Denver to West Coast section be of the C2C.

There are a lot of UK and Irish Rallies on around the time but the C2C has priority for us however the orgnaisers of some of these Rallies are seeking head numbers prior to January end.

Any info appreciated.

In closing and off this thread is Morganton going to be the venue again next year???

Cheers

Gordon

Scotland

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Dates for C2C and Morganton Question

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

gogigscotland wrote:Hi

We had a party with some of the other Brits last weekend and certainly Dave Moore, Alan Fisher and I had a question.

In closing and off this thread is Morganton going to be the venue again next year???

Cheers

Gordon

Scotland

Gordon,Sandra,Dave and Alan. Yes the Morganton Rally will be going on again for 2005. The rally will be a week long and right now the tenative dates are June 20th-26th 2005.

Same great hotel, eats and prices but the 2005 rally will be a full week long with the rally theme being anything Irish.

Everything is tenative at the moment but I should have the dates nailed down with the hotel by next week and I'll post something then.

jb

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Morganton 2005

Post by gogigscotland »

Jeff

Theme is anything Irish....???

Having Just enjoyed a traditional SCOTTISH New Year might you consider a secondary theme of something Scottish TOO....!!

Just a wee thought..whatever you decide I am sure it will be just as great if not greater than last year.....

Note time of this posting (so as to apolgise to any Irish contingent like Ian Foster) and a very Happy New Year to y'all.....!!!! :lol:

Joking apart thanks for yet again setting up a Classic CBX Rally not to be missed.....!

Our difficulty is to decide which to do...Morganton....or ..... C2C....spose sensible answer has to be both.....!!!!

In Closing Very Best Wishes to you, Mike B, Mike Q, Buffalo Bill, the Membership and all the folks working so hard to give this club events that keeps the Club thriving year after year............

We must be about the first CBX Post of 2005 so Happy New Year to you all............!!

Gordon and Sandra

Edinburgh

Scotland

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Mike,

Yes, everything you stated is correct. We will pass throught Colorado from July 24 through July 28. No, colorado isn't that big, but we'll spend an extra day in Montrose to rest/explore.

My original idea was to go about 200 miles/day, and we're exeeding that slightly, which allows an extra day each in Coorado and Carson City, NV.

Those two areas provide a lot of reasons to stop and take side trips, etc.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Morganton 2005

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

gogigscotland wrote:Jeff

Theme is anything Irish....???

Having Just enjoyed a traditional SCOTTISH New Year might you consider a secondary theme of something Scottish TOO....!!

Just a wee thought..whatever you decide I am sure it will be just as great if not greater than last year.....

Note time of this posting (so as to apolgise to any Irish contingent like Ian Foster) and a very Happy New Year to y'all.....!!!! :lol:

Joking apart thanks for yet again setting up a Classic CBX Rally not to be missed.....!

Our difficulty is to decide which to do...Morganton....or ..... C2C....spose sensible answer has to be both.....!!!!

In Closing Very Best Wishes to you, Mike B, Mike Q, Buffalo Bill, the Membership and all the folks working so hard to give this club events that keeps the Club thriving year after year............

We must be about the first CBX Post of 2005 so Happy New Year to you all............!!

Gordon and Sandra

Edinburgh

Scotland

Hey Gordon thanks for thinking of us on the first day of the new year. I hope your able to do both rallies this year but whatever you decide to do you'll have a good time.

I think having a secondary theme of anything Scottish would fit in nicely with the Irish theme but I do hope you come to the Morganton rally and represent!

We have more time this year to plan the rally, so I'm here and we will do whatever we can agian this year to help you and any other mates wanting to make the trip.

jb

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”