AMA Vintage Days 2011

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
oilheadron

Re: AMA Vintage Days 2011

Post by oilheadron »

That white Mach III looks incredible. I wanted one of those soooo bad when they were introduced.

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

Mike those were awesome pix. I think after seeing those I have to take this event OFF of my bucket list.

It would go something like - I want one of these and oh ya one of those and that one and that one and what the heck this one ..........
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Well, Nick, thanks! And it may not help to take the event off your list. :shock: Meeting you is on my "bucket list" and Vintage Days may just be the ideal place to do this. :D

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

EMS wrote:Well, Nick, thanks! And it may not help to take the event off your list. :shock: Meeting you is on my "bucket list" and Vintage Days may just be the ideal place to do this. :D

Awww shucks Mike, you brought a tear to my eye. Well the feeling is mutual. Some day our paths will cross.
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

A few more random pics from the weekend.

Good to see you, again, Chuck.

Rick goes roughing it (camping!)

Friday night dinner

Saturday night dinner
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for posting the pics Mike.
That Cooley looks great in the pics. Was it that nice up close? It even looks like it has the correct exhaust.
I am assuming it went quick at that price.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Thanks for posting the pics Mike.
That Cooley looks great in the pics. Was it that nice up close? It even looks like it has the correct exhaust.
I am assuming it went quick at that price.
Steve: It looked awesome. It was the best looking GS1000S that I have ever seen outside a museum. The paint was restored and everything else was spanking clean, no corrosion.
It is a story that still makes me cringe.
I saw it on Thursday before noon. Seller was from Michigan. He was asking $3,500.-. I could not believe it and told him I was guessing it would be gone by Friday afternoon as it was such a great deal.
I wanted it so bad, but there was absolutely no way I could add bike No 16 to my "fleet".
By Friday, the seller had "upped" the price to $4,500.- because many others had told him he was not asking enough.
Saturday early afternoon, it was still there. Sunday I did not check, but I heard from someone that it did not have the correct carbs on it and supposedly that's why it had a running issue.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

The bike did not sell. It had flat slide carbs and pods. But it was still well worth the original $3500 asking price.

Dave

CBX-tras
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by CBX-tras »

I'm glad I attended the meet, my first Mid-Ohio.

I had a great time and met a lot of nice folks.

Thanks for letting me hang out.

J.R.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Hey JR, we're glad you came. Meeting new folks is always a plus.

It really threw me when I walked into the tent Friday morning, saw your bike, and thought it was Jim Zemanek's. Two bikes so close in concept, yet so different in execution. And both are outstanding.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”