VERMONT RALLY (Super Rally, Super Eats, Super Friends)

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

VERMONT RALLY (Super Rally, Super Eats, Super Friends)

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

when rich promoted the vermont rally with a $49 rally admission!!!!...... i had some doubts

butttttt...... as it turned the $49 rally fee was a bargain......(i dont know how rich and susan coverered all the costs actually and this was even more amazing in that the rally was held at a ski resort!!!!)

the $49 rally fee included

1. two all you can eat catered super suppers at the bottom on the ski slope that included one comp drink from the bar for each one

2. our own private meeting area at the hotel

3. all the give away gifts

4. all soda and beer for 4 days

5. the rally insurance

6. wonderful rally pack with maps and all kinds of info

i thought the fri meal was hamburgs and hotdogs............buttttt noooooooooo ...it was all the 8oz angus burgers you wanted cooked to your specs by the chef, giant hotdogs, super salad, two potato salads, chits for free drinks and more. lesson 1 on not jumping to cornclusions on the $49 rally fee.

lesson 2 was the sat meal........all you can eat ribs, london broil, super salad, two potato salads, chits for free drinks and what i thought was homemade pies (take your pick from 6 diff kinds)

before we get off the food part.......jack and nancy gutshall knew a breakfast/lunch place about 30 miles from the rally site which as it turned out served thanksgiving platter sized meals (ohhh the disappointment of it all)...everything was homemade there. it was so good donna and i went back on saturday for our mid morn snack stop!!!

the evenings were spent in our own comfy semi private setting gathering area and ofcourse rick, neal and kevins back and forth jabs/jokes were worth the $49 all by itself

i got to meet many members for the first time and enjoyed this part of the rally alot also

>>>>

ohhhhhhhhhhh ...but wait....theres more.

we did get out for two days of riding and 600 miles or so on thur and fri. vermont is simply one wonderful little town and nice scenery after another.

sat it rained and we took the car but most others did ride the ride though this beautiful scenery of vermont

on thur we made it over to new hampshire and millers mountain but like many scenery based places in the east they have let the trees at the overlook part of the mountain grow up to the point you cant see the surrounding mountains and distances.

we made it to ben and jerrys ice cream factory..........not a recommended prime time stop

>>>>

the vermont rally had more cbxs compared to non cbxs than most icoa rallies and it was good to see so many x's all in one place.

so thanks to rich/susan, neil and all the others for putting on such a great event............it wasnt quite all about eats as i described above .......but that part of the vermont rally was wonderful also

mike
Last edited by Mike Barone #123 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

I thought you said you were on a DIET????????????? :?

Post by Guest »

broook wrote:I thought you said you were on a DIET????????????? :?

atkins allows some of the items i mentioned.............but i go off it every now and then

beedub
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by beedub »

Mike IS on a diet......

whatever's available at any time.

He and Jeff Bennetts told me they recently ate their way through New England with the excuse of picking up a wrecked X!
Big and small, I like them all....bikes that is...

Post by Guest »

beedub wrote:Mike IS on a diet......

whatever's available at any time.

He and Jeff Bennetts told me they recently ate their way through New England with the excuse of picking up a wrecked X!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh did i say that brian. well its true i have to admit it

btw, i was at new england rally and got your call. call me back when you can fit it in fri or next week

thx

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”