Mid Ohio Motel Update

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Tom Neimeyer
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Mid Ohio Motel Update

Post by Tom Neimeyer »

X’ers,

EIEIo was correct about the Staff at the Knight’s Inn not having a clue. About three weeks ago I tried to get a room and was told there were none available and that there were no rooms reserved. I somehow felt it was a cruel joke instigated by the loser of the 2003 Top Wrench Event and proceeded to make a reservation at a nearby motel. However when I saw EIEIo’s earlier post, I again tried to get a room, and this time, I was successful. They still have 20 of the thirty rooms available. Be sure to mention "CBX" when you are begging for a room. And if you are still having problems, ask for Montel, she is a nice lady that can get things straight.

Cheers, Tom

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

And the motel, formerly known as the Knights Inn, is now called Motel 6. When I requested one of the remodeled rooms, they informed me that ALL the rooms are now remodeled.

Phone # is 419-529-2100
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I hope they leave the light on for you guys....... :D :D :D

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Mike,
What does it cost to bring in a camper to the area where you park? I'm thinking of getting a fifth-wheel race car hauler with living quarters in front. I could haul a lot of bikes.......
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The motorhome parking pass for Vintage Days weekend is $55.00

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Where you guys thinking of parking RV and 5th Wheels........

Near Honda Pavilion/prior CBX place?
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

MB,
Just around to the right from the Honda Pavillion. I don't have the camper of my dreams yet, so we'd be in a tent unless I get off my butt and find one.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I want a relatively short fifth-wheel car hauler with living quarters in front. I've found a few, but they're nearly always 44' and longer. Sheesh. You could haul a fleet of bikes in there.
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:MB,
Just around to the right from the Honda Pavillion. .
One word of caution: This area has become rather limited in space. I have been parking there with a few friends, as you know, actually since 1995 :shock: We always have the bbq for the AMA Field Reps and other friends there on Saturday. In recent years, the track has rearranged this area and the portion right along the road that goes past the Honda Pavilion so that only a small portion of RVs will fit there. In order to get a spot there, you will have to be there, early on Thursday. Access on Thursday, however, officially is limited to Season Pass holders, AMA personell and swap meet vendors :roll: :roll:
I don't know what the rules say for the fenced-in area of the Pavilion itself?
Maybe you can put the rig there, Rick. There should be plenty of room for a couple of trailers??

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

There's room for trailers in the fenced area, but geting one in there is a challenge. I got in there with my little box trailer, and Jeff gets his in there too. But neither of those are approaching 40'

I know a local ICOA member who is a pass holder who would love to come with me, so that's a possibility too.
Rick Pope

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”