Do we know this Bike?

CBXs, new bikes, old bikes, cars, trucks, general chat, off topic, this is the place to post it.
Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Do we know this Bike?

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Kinda looks familiar, I’m not sure if the owner ever posted here or not? It was in a panning shot on (My Classic Car) that aired on 4/17, from the Blacktop Nationals, a Car and Bike show in Wichita Kansas.
CB68272F-F06A-454D-B433-2430FBACFD16.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Do we know this Bike?

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Don't remember seeing that one.
How tall are the handlebars? Apes? :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The reason it look familiar is...If you heard of a "cookie-cutter custom" in the Harley world, this is the one for the CBX. Single sided swingarm, Ducati tail-piece, under-tail exhaust, Brembo wheels and USD forks of some kind. There must have been some 50 of these floating around. And people still get all giddy and wet in the armpits over them....

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Been a big Dennis Gage fan for years, been watching his MCC show for ever, also liked his Motorcycle show (Trippin’ on Two Wheels) I know he’s a big Motorcycle fan, maybe the CBX caught his eye since his good friend Jay Leno owns one too.

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Back in late '07 or '08, there was a similar bike featured in the CBXPress (remember when we got those?) that was from that part of the country. It was black with a white stripe. I think the owner's name was Dan. He also had a hemi powered '55 Chevy.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

This isn't Dan's bike - his, frankly, was much better done. It is probably among the best custom CBXs I've seen, as are the ones Jim Z does.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Dan Uhing from Omaha, Nebraska. Mike Barone was literally drooling over this bike. From just the picture above, I couldn't say which one was done better. There are a lot of issues to be considered when changing swingarms and front ends together with different wheel diameters. Wheelbase and trail end up totally different and need to be watched closely. Handling can become dangerous.

Return to “Daily Discussion: By, For & About CBXers”