Why does it do this ?

Ask questions about how the Forums work. (Please read FAQ in header/top of this page first)
Phil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Why does it do this ?

Post by Phil »

Any idea why when I`m browsing posts it just suddenly switches to the photo book ??

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Not sure Phil, but sometimes it has a hiccup with me too....
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Recently, I get the photo album when I first come to the site, before log-in.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Why does it do this ?

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Phil wrote:Any idea why when I`m browsing posts it just suddenly switches to the photo book ??
Hi Phil

I wanted people coming into our site via the home page to have different views each time soooooooooooo I had Philip program diff forum and photo views that would change each hour based on a percentage I assigned.

Example: Photos I think had 40% allocation....so 40% of the time during log in to the home page photos will appear and beyond that the two lines of photos that appear are at random ....so the photos are diff most of the time.

Point was to not have a static view on the site all the time during log in and have this tide us over until we get the all new site design done.

Nowww....since the page view changes each hours it looks to me as if this also changes the view for those already logged in and on any page at the time.

If it is really annoying I can have Philip check it out, but I really like him to spend time on the new web page and fixing critical things like when we got hacked back in October.

Soooooooo...let me know your views and we go from there and thanks for your post since the only way we can help or fix things is when people tell us

Mike
Last edited by Mike Barone #123 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I like it :thumbsup: It really shows that the site is alive. Much better than having the same front page picture or announcements all the time.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

EMS wrote:I like it :thumbsup: It really shows that the site is alive. Much better than having the same front page picture or announcements all the time.
Exactly....and thanks

....buttt this one came with a hidden "nit" as Phil pointed out.

Phil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Phil »

Not that big of a deal Mike, just wondering if I screwed up something on this end.

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Phil wrote:Not that big of a deal Mike, just wondering if I screwed up something on this end.
Nope...issue was us in not thinking about this when we did the programming. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it actually happened to me a few times before you posted the q..........and I should have posted to everyone about this phenom

Mike

Return to “Help Desk Questions for Using Forum”