"Name That Part".....need help!

Vince Pankoke
New Member & Happy To Be Here

"Name That Part".....need help!

Post by Vince Pankoke »

I need the experts out there to play a game of "Name That Part"!!!! After returning from a quick ride I noticed a small section of (aged) clear drain hose with a black valve adapter in the middle laying on the driveway. On one side of the adapter, the hose is a larger diameter than the other end. I'm certain it came off the CBX, but can't tell from where. I even gave the exploded parts pages a quick look over, but can't be sure from where? It looks like the (aged) hose broke off on the smaller hose side. http://www.futuretoys.com/funphotos/MVC-005F.JPG
79 CBX, 71 H1A

Tom Whaley
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Getting Hosed!!!

Post by Tom Whaley »

Vince,

It looks like the battery overflow tube that attaches to the battery. Remove your left sidecover and see if it is missing. It is the wrong color but who knows?
Tom Whaley

"aka" The Rocketman

Take care of your CBX's and each other.

Because a club is suppose to be fun. "TIM WARE"

SS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Crankcase breather tube

Post by SS »

IMHO, this looks like the crankcase breather tube (it attached to a plastic container that looks like a radiator overflow) located below the air cleaner.

some models the tube was blocked with a plastic plug, you removed to drain the moisture/oil the container caught.
SS

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

01 XL1200C 83 CB1100F 82 CBX 80 CBX

so far!!!!!!!!!!

Vince Pankoke

Post by Vince Pankoke »

Thanks for the reply Tom, but I already checked the battery overflow tube it wasn't that. Mystery continues!
79 CBX, 71 H1A

busaboy
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by busaboy »

Vague memory tells me that is the crankcase vent - yhe little bottle is to collect the condensed vapors before they drip out on the road.
Eric

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”