Replacement seat cover

Vince Pankoke
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Replacement seat cover

Post by Vince Pankoke »

Any advice on where to find a near original seat cover for my '79. I'm trying to keep it as close to stock as possible.

dkrager
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Seat Covers

Post by dkrager »

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

79 Seat

Post by EMS »

Sargent does an awesome job giving you exaclty what you want. You can get anything from as close to stock replica as possible to all fancy custom seat. Very easy to deal with. Motorcycle guys!
Honda still sells new seats for 1979 and 1980 models. List is around $350.00 ( I get 20% off at my dealer). The stitching is not exactly like the original 79 heated seem pattern but greatly improved against splitting right there.

Wolf

Seat Cover?-Check out Eldorado Seat Restoration

Post by Wolf »

I have just recently had my '79 CBX seat re-covered with a perfect one from Tony O'Connor @ Eldorado Seat Restoration in Australia.While primarily dealing with older Ducati,Guzzi,Laverda repro covers,his work is 100% beautiful and the dollar exchange should make them cheap.This was my fourth cover from Tony and I would never go anywhere else.He may also have some of the metal trim pieces that mount on lower edge of the seatThere is a website.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”