Cruise Control

Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Cruise Control

Post by Fondahonda »

I'd like to have a cruise control on my '82. Are some better than others? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Are you talking throttle lock or cruise control?
Throttle lock:
Nep nylon throttle lock,less than $20
Cruise control:
Audiovox fom Autozone, JC Whitney is a vacuum operated cruise control $100 has to be adapted to each different bike.
Australian Cruise control from Sport touring $500.built specifically for bikes.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

Fondahonda
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Fondahonda »

Thanks Ripper. I was wondering if there were any electronic ones available, but I can see with the difference in cost, I'll end up with a throttle lock. It will suit my needs. I generally have to stop for gas before my hand gives out anyway.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

cruise control

Post by sr71cbx »

Fondahonda,
I've used one of those plastic throttle locks for years,they're inexpensive and hold up OK.I think either Vanda Cruise or Vista Cruise are the only two names that are familiar,although Nep rings a bell.......check 'em out. 8)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

I've heard of NEP and Vista Cruise and Throttlemeister (check the net) but have only a $7 throttle rocker. I like it a lot. I use it only on long boring straights and it does help out the right hand on long trips. Its also very easy to pull off and stick in your pocket when the twisties come around the bend... 8)
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”