Front sprocket parts sequence

rekit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Front sprocket parts sequence

Post by rekit »

I am not sure if my front sprocket was installed correctly when I took it apart. There is a round metal cover, and two black plastic washer looking parts, and then the sprocket, with the flat part of the sprocket toward the outside, and there is an o-ring on the bolt. I DID find out what the o-ring is for. (Don't run the bike without this bolt and o-ring so your friends can hear it-friggin oil poured out the shaft!). When I assembled it that way and then torqued it just didn't feel right. It rolls okay, but the cover looks to be touching the sprocket bolt.

rekit
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Front sprocket parts sequence

Post by rekit »

Hey, I flipped the sprocket over-flat side in-that feels correct. Let me know if I need to know anything about those black washers, such as lube or whatever. Thanks.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Front sprocket parts sequence

Post by EMS »

I responded to that in your other post:
I don't know what rear wheel set-up you have, but normlly, the flat side of the front sprocket goes to the inside and the hub side to the outside. Some turn the sprocket around when they put a wider rear wheel on the bike in order to move the chain line outward for proper alignment.

Return to “X ...OTHER TECHNICAL: Won't Run, Centerstands, Chains, Fairings, Tanks, Gauges, Petcocks, Seats, Turn Signals, etc.”