Is this tank paint original ?

chrispyduck
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Is this tank paint original ?

Post by chrispyduck »

Just trying to determine if this tank paint is original. The previous owner believed it to be however the striping does not look altogether correct. Could it be worn with age. All opinions will be greatly appreciated.
BTW i am considering a refresh of the paint anyway :D

Many thanks

Chris

IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1066.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Is this tank paint original ?

Post by wyly »

my unrestored 79(april 78) tank...it may have changed later but I doubt it, I've never seen one like yours...edit:yeah I have seen one like that, it was a repaint from the UK...
I ordered the decals for my 2nd tank and they came longer than required and I needed to trim them to match my oem tank decals otherwise they would've been the same as yours.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

tevan
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Is this tank paint original ?

Post by tevan »

I have never seen a honda original with that stripe all the way up like yours. There should be around 3/8” gap.

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”