I got a million of them

rippper43
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I got a million of them

Post by rippper43 »

Questions that is :D I need paint for my 82X, Altair Pearl White. I found one place than can mix it, but they want an arm and Both legs for it. any ideas
Thanks
RIP
White is right...

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: I got a million of them

Post by daves79x »

Color-rite has the paint, but if you haven't priced any recently, all paint is through the roof, especially certain colors. I doubt if you'll find the correct match for both base color and pearl white without paying big bucks. And you'll need quite a bit for a whole late model. After pricing just paint and materials, the price guys get to do complete paint jobs doesn't seem really out of line. Certainly let us know if you find another source for the correct base color and pearl white that you consider reasonable.

Dave

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Just did a quick check on Color-Rite's website and they don't list bikes back past 1986, but they carry or will mix a lot of colors for older bikes - you just have to call them. I picked a pearl white from a '93 VFR just to sample what prices are. The base coat color is $125/pint and the pearl is also $125/pint. That is not the exact paint the '82 CBX uses, but is probably representative of cost.

Dave

rippper43
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rippper43 »

Thanks guys. It looks like it is time to save some money.
White is right...

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

I hate to add insult to injury, but have you priced a complete set of graphics for your paint job? Keep us posted on your project and we look forward to helping where we can.

Dave

rippper43
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rippper43 »

[quote="daves79x"]I hate to add insult to injury, but have you priced a complete set of graphics for your paint job? Keep us posted on your project and we look forward to helping where we can.

Dave[/quote

Yes Sir I have :x $269.00 is as cheep as I have seen. I found the paint at Color-Rite (Thank You) for around $400.00 which is a lot better than the $720.00 I was quioted from another site. It is what it is. I want it so I'll pay it.
Thank You and I will need more help I am sure.
White is right...

Return to “RESTORATIONS: Tips, How To's & What Not to Do. Parts, Decals, Painters, Paint Codes, Painting Tips.....More”