Need obsolete CBX electricals

Blackhawk
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Need obsolete CBX electricals

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been an NE region ICOA member prior to 1990. I need two parts to get my 1979 bike up and running. I been told thru two sources that Honda no longer makes these parts. My bike is an early '78' build.

1: Alternator pulser....Part# 30300-422-004

2: ignition control module...Part#30400-422-010

Does anyone have working parts about. Used or new ? My pulser was fried so I have been unable to test the Ignition Control unit, as per workshop manual. The correct procedure would be to install the pulser then test the ignition control module for spark.

Note: the 'Dyna S module' would not work with my '78'. Spent two days working on it before I had to send it back. The Dyna S module Is suppose to replace both OEM honda units. 'Tim's' was very helpful, but unable to get the part working. The bike was running on four cylinders before I took it to the shop, and had been been running on all six prior to cutting out. I traced it to cylinders 1&6, found the responsible coil and replaced it. It ran on all six then reverted to running on four. Any and all help would be appriciated.

Blackhawk

RIPPER
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RIPPER »

Any chance it could be the spark unit.I lost one and six and it was the spark unit.Get hold of GL1200 spark unit (this is what I used)at a salvage yard or any other onda spark unit with the same color wires.I spiced mine in about 5 years ago.Been working fine ever since thanks to Tom Whaley

Also,I don't understand why the Dyna Ignition wouldn't work,I've got one on my 79 works fine.It must have been falty.The GW spark unit shpould be a real cheap fix.y mechanic gave it to me free.
Thanks RIPPER
FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE!

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

__
Last edited by sr71cbx on Mon May 17, 2004 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbxwest

electrics

Post by cbxwest »

I have a pulse coil if you still are in need of one. Your other part number I guess should be a 422-000 not 422-010. spark unit. Don't you have someone who has an X you can switch out the parts to see whats not working before you buy something you don't need? I also have the single spark unit that can be wired in to replace a bad one as was posted. Most all 80's Hondas switched to single units from 400cc up. Bob

Blackhawk

to CBXWEST

Post by Blackhawk »

Bob,

I would be interested in the pulser coil if you still have it. Drop me a note if you still have it.

Thanks,

Blackhawk

cbxwest

electrics

Post by cbxwest »

Have a pulse coil unit for $50- plus postage. Bob at cbxwest@aol.com

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”