Reg/rectifiers,available thru aftermarket supplier

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Reg/rectifiers,available thru aftermarket supplier

Post by sr71cbx »

Hello all,
Got a new catalog from Dennis Kirk Accessories and happened to run across a page with aftermarket regulator/rectifiers listed and there is one available for the CBX!For all of you who are searching for a new one from Honda(and not finding one),here's an alternative.The same catalog lists alternator brushes on the same pages that I believe will fit our bikes,it says Honda CB650 thru 1000 79 & up,these bikes use the same brushes as the X.Ignition switches,complete with key,or switch repair kits,are also offered too.
Check it out,I think it's good news.I've used an aftermarket reg/rectifier on my turbo CBX for 11 years now and it works great and sure cost a lot less than the NOS ones.
Take care & ride safe,
--------Mark Miller#0938 8)

Jeff Ellmore #5241
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Rectifier....

Post by Jeff Ellmore #5241 »

Dang! I just had my rectifier replaced last week! $144 from Honda with a 30% discount no less. :(
82' CBX, 82CX500 Turbo, 03 ST1300, 03 GL1800 Goldwing

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Jim-Jim »

Mark,
Is there a website for Dennis Kirk Accessories? Or some other means of getting the catalog?
Jim-Jim

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Yeah, they have a website. I ordered (two) from them over the net. Two you ask? The first one never arrived, instead the envelope arrived empty with three sides torn completely open. :roll: Couldn't believe they actually delivered an obviously empty envelope! :shock: I just emailed them thru their site and explained, and they sent another that (actually) arrived. Good luck!
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Jim-Jim »

Jeff Ellmore;
Would you consider selling me your defective regulator? I would pay a fair price + shipping. Let me know if you will.
jjbigger@juno.com
Thanks,
Jim-Jim

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”