I'm BAAAAACK!

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
Ironangel John
New Member & Happy To Be Here

I'm BAAAAACK!

Post by Ironangel John »

Hi folks,
Been away way too long, life changes, new adventures, now I'm home! Many of you may remember me from rallies, I'm John Garasimowicz. I still have my '81, love it as much as ever. My new venture is a Vintage Motorcycle Sales shop, it's known as Okinawa Joe's Vintage Motorcycle sales, my place is housed in an old car dealership in Harrisonburg VA. If any of y'all are in the area, stop in and see me. I pick up old bikes and resurrect them. And best of all, one of my first is an '81 CBX. Chance finding it, but it belonged to a beloved club member, Harvey Wilson, I bought it from his widow, another friend Pam. So doing over this old girl brings tears to my eyes, because I can see him smiling from the great beyond. Doing my first set of CBX carbs, (mine never have been off the bike) going well so far, but have a few questions I'll address in Tech. Great to talk to y'all again,and hope to see you at a gathering soon. Oh, another cool thing, Harvey's bike and mine were made the same day, VIN is only 8 digits apart, how weird is that?

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: I'm BAAAAACK!

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Welcome back to the wonderful world of CBX.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Hey John! Good to hear from you again. Make your way to Mid-Ohio Vintage Days in a couple of weeks. You'll see lots of us old CBXers there. Holler if you need carb help.

Dave

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

John? Is that really you? Dam, it's been too long.

As Dave said, come to Vintage Days, and even better, come to the Marietta rally in early September.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Ironangel John

Post by Ironangel John »

I'll see if I can sneak out this soon. Being a one man show, and having a dealer license makes it difficult to close. Working on getting my son a salesman license so he can keep the doors open while I play. Unreal, they mandate me open and can fine me if I'm closed without permission. But will reconnect soon.

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Hey John, good to hear from you! I think the last time we hung out was at one of the CBX/ZRX rallies I hosted at St. Clairsville 5 or so yrs ago, glad you're doing well!

Looks like you have a few opportunities to reconnect with some old timers this Summer if you can get away.

Good luck with the new business venture,
Jeff

Return to “New Users - Start Here”