Honda CBX750F Cafe racer build

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
Ben95
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Honda CBX750F Cafe racer build

Post by Ben95 »

Hello,
I just bought an old Honda CBX750F from 1984. I am going to build it to an cafe racer, and I was hoping to get som help with the conversations that fit, and what don’t. I have checked that the bike is running fine, and just strip it down.

First I want to convert it to an USD fork. Do u know any USD fork that has the similar stem dimensions as the original bike, or some that fit with just some smal modifications and spacer?

Second I want to change the backswing of the bike to make space for an bigger backweel. Do u know any backswing that fit the bike as it is?

Third I want to upgrade the mono shock suspension. Any suggestions on what fits without welding a new bracket. Would an suspensjon from yamaha r6 2005 fit?

I am going to do an overhaul of the bike. Am going to shape som new fairing to fit the bike. Make a custom backframe. Changing the electrics to an M-Unit.

My inspirations to the build is the X AXIS Honda CBX750.

Hoping for som feedback!

Sincerly Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Honda CBX750F Cafe racer build

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Hi ya, Ben.
This site is dedicated to the '79-'82 six cylinder CBX.
While the RC17 site appears to be dormant there is still a lot of maintenance info available.
http://www.teamrc17.net/teamrc17.net/index.html

Good luck with your project.

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AshishNJ »

If you plan on using the square headlights, I have a restored set that I thought of using on my cbx project but decided to use something different.
Let me know if interested and good luck.

Regarding stem etc, you may want to look at cognitomoto site. The do custom triples etc
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

Ben95

Post by Ben95 »

AshishNJ wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:46 am
If you plan on using the square headlights, I have a restored set that I thought of using on my cbx project but decided to use something different.
Let me know if interested and good luck.

Regarding stem etc, you may want to look at cognitomoto site. The do custom triples etc
hi, sorry for late reply. understood it so you had a set of square front lights for a cbx project you were not going to use. I'm very interested in that, if you still have them. could you send me a picture of them? Regards Ben

AshishNJ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by AshishNJ »

Please email me at bhardwaj_aa@yahoo.com and I will shoot some pictures
1979 CBX (faster Red)
1981 CBX Streetfighter
2017 Aprilia Tuono.
Past rides : FZ1, BMWS100rr,S1000r,k1300S,YAMA RD350,Enfield 350

Return to “Project Threads”