Steel Braided brake lines

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Steel Braided brake lines

Post by cross »

These guys have steel braided brake lines with 30 degree banjo fittings on one end and screw on for which ever banjo fitting needed. All hoses available in many sizes in 2" increments.
10" line + additional screw on 30 degree banjo fitting would cost $25.20. Banjo bolts if needed are $5 each and copper washers are $.25 each.
This would make things cheaper than anywhere else
What do you guys think?
http://my.youturnpub.com/YouTurn/Classi ... a610dc1594
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Steel Braided brake lines

Post by wyly »

compare with these guys, where I bought my braided lines.
http://www.coremoto.com/
if you have questions phone them don't email, they have excellent personal service.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I just edited and corrected typo's! I need to stop using iPhone for this!

I'll contact them and see but I just need one.
All these companies that make these lines make only one side with 30 degree banjos and the other end always straight. Why?
There is obviously reason why OEM have 30 degrees on both sides, to relieve pressure where hose attaches to the banjo.
I only payed $50 for my f & r set, Wezmoto and all hoses have 30 on one end and straight on the other. One of the hoses has both sides flat which I'm assuming is for the rear. Oem rear hose has caliper side 30degree up and MC side 30 degree to the side.
The web site I found sells different lengths and you buy which ever banjos for the ends, $25 each which I will get for sure only I'm also contemplating if I should buy for the rear as well with the proper banjo bends
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by NobleHops »

Here's a suggestion to use J.R. Luksik for brake lines. He reps Spiegler, which are IMO the best. Nice slender necks and fittings, and they are easily rotated to get that last 2% of fit. J.R. will ensure you get the right stuff, and I think you'll get them for less than if you go straight to Spiegler.

He's CBXtras here and elsewhere. This is his website:

https://www.cbxtras.com/
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Thank you Nils
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I ended up ordering them from the Core Moto with proper banjo bends.
They come with grommets and banjo bolts, $199 shipped for all 4. I'll report on the pictures and quality once i receive them
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

I've had mine on for 2.5K now and have had no issues, a perfect fit. I measured a dozen times to get the lengths right, checked and rechecked that I had the bends correct before I placed my order. I actually added a half inch to the length just to be sure, I figured too long don't hurt but they won't stretch if they're too short.

I had a initial concern the grommets might be a bit too loose in their holders and I might need squeeze the grommet holders to a smaller diameter but that hasn't been necessary. They haven't moved since installed and hold the lines where they're supposed to be.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

That's what I'm hoping for!
Thanks
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I got my Coremoto lines and installed them yesterday. They do look good and they fit really well with proper bends on it. Ends do rotate so that you can do the final fine adjustment and after playing a bit with fronts, they are not touching the fender at all now.
They were $199 for all four (free shipping and no tax) with all banjos and copper crush washers, as many rubber collars you need and you can have them in any color that you want.
I also rebuilt both MC and front calipers along with new pads. Brake feel is amazing and so is the grip, they feel much more powerful and new pads aren't seated in yet.
I would highly recommend these due to ability to make special order and get proper bends. You can also do special order through spiegler and others too but at much higher price and their ends do not rotate.
Here are the dimensions for '81-'82 if anyone needs
These guys want you to measure from end to end with banjos included and they do not need to be any longer the the stock ones
Front Caliper to the splitter: 19.5" with banjos on both sides with 20 degree forward banjos and one rubber collar on each
Front MC to the splitter: 17" with 20 degree forward banjos on both sides
Rear MC to the caliper: 19.5" with 20 degree forward banjo on the caliper side and 20 degree side sweep banjo on the MC side, and two rubber collars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

ahh you chose to do them in black, they look great, simple and clean. 8) That was a combination I also considered to resemble the oem look, but I in the end I went a different direction.

Glad they worked for you, not being the most knowledgeable forum member I worry about giving bad advice.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Well, the ends are powder coated and could peel from brake fluid and I thiught of that and probably should of taken bare stainless ones but, should be ok. If they peel I'll just peel all of them.
I had to flush them with water every time some fluid got on them
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

cross wrote:Well, the ends are powder coated and could peel from brake fluid and I thiught of that and probably should of taken bare stainless ones but, should be ok. If they peel I'll just peel all of them.
I had to flush them with water every time some fluid got on them
I got brake fluid all over mine too a number of times. It never occurred to me to rinse them with water I just assumed (I know, never assume anything)they would've been coated with something that withstood brake fluid. I just checked them and the coating is still like new.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

That's good to hear! I just know that powder coating isn't very good with brake fluid.
Brake fluid washes off with water and all brake parts are safe to be washed with water
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

Return to “BRAKES: Calipers, Pads, Lines, Rotors, Upgrades & Fixes”