Stockbridge, Michigan 2010

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Stockbridge, Michigan 2010

Post by Larry Zimmer »

A few photos from the Stockbridge, Michigan annual show/ride-in, Sept 19. A good CBX representation: 5 or 6 bikes (not all seen in photos). Some other good hardware. This is an annual event in a little village (pop. about 1500; 1.5 sq miles size). Draws a good crowd on a Sunday afternoon.

Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Stockbridge, Michigan 2010

Post by EMS »

I had planned to come this year, and my stupidity that caused me bumping my head prvented me from doing so. It seems like there were some great bikes there. I had planned to bring my 79X, my GB500 and my Ducati 750 Sport :cry: :cry:

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Hi, Mike,
Hope your 'football laces' are doing well. Did miss you at Brookville: was looking forward to brats-and-brews. Stockbridge is just a little village with a town square about 150 yds on a side. Interesting that it draws the crowd and hardware it does for a Sunday afternoon event. Hopefully, see you this Winter; unless, you might be getting to Barber.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Larry: I was upset too about not making it to Brookville. Especially as I was almost done with loading everything up :evil:
I had planned to go to Barber but I am terribly busy at work right now, probably even more than Jan, who always laments about having to rush all over the place. I really don't know yet whether I can fit it into the schedule. If it is in any way possible, I will. I missed too much already lately!

The hole in the head healed nicely. I had the last stitches pulled on Thursday and the doctor was so pleased with it, that he took a picture for his file :roll:

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for the pics, Larry.
I will confess to knowing very little about British bikes but a Norton Square Four?
Is this the same bike?
http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/motor ... cycle.aspx

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I don't know if it is the same, Steve. BUT, I suspect/expect that it is! Clarkston is a Northern suburb in the Detroit area about 70 miles due East of Stockbridge. (About 40 miles East of me.) I wasn't smart enough to check the info sheet that was lying on the ground near the rear wheel. Thanks for the article link. Good info.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Quickster2
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Quickster2 »

Does this happen every year? Just bought a 1980 CBX will pick it up in Minnesota June 25th. Looking forward to riding around here. I live in Davisburg, MI.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Quickster2 wrote:Does this happen every year? Just bought a 1980 CBX will pick it up in Minnesota June 25th. Looking forward to riding around here. I live in Davisburg, MI.

They usually have two events. One is a ride that happens in May (2011 date was May 1, I believe) and the other one is a meet on the square downtown. If I am not mistaken, this year it is September 18, noon- 4p.m.

Somebody from closer by should confirm this.

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I'll verify date for September. Let you all know what I find relative to organized rides here.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Quickster:
Welcome, by the way. So what's the scoop on the '80 you bought? Pics and details would be great when you get it. Serial #s too!

Dave

Quickster2
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Quickster2 »

Here is a picture 1980 CBX 3121 miles. Already buying carb gauges, key fob, new mirrors, etc., from TIMS. Have not ridden for 20 years since I sold my Suzuki GS750 when our Daughter was young. Looking forward to this bike and have wanted one since 1980! Will start sorting it out when I get home on the 26th. If the bike is as presented I should be happy. Seller seemed very genuine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Wow! What a find! Look forward to your impressions once you get it. Certainly ask away if you have questions. You should bring it to Mid-Ohio next month. We are looking for nice CBXs to display in the club tent. Congrats on the find.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

daves79x wrote: . We are looking for nice CBXs to display in the club tent. Dave

Actually, I would like to have one really poor condition "barn find" in the tent to show. 8) This will most certainly be a conversation piece to discuss what to look for and what to work on, if you want to bring one of these bikes back. :idea: It also would be a nice illustration of how some bikes ended up after 30+ years. Not all of them are "nice". :roll:
And then, maybe, next year, we could show the restored bike. :o
So, if anyone has one that needs a lot of TLC and has a way todrag it to Mid-Ohio, bring her!

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

The 'All Clubs' event for Stockbridge is scheduled for September 18. Best times to be there is between 12:00 and 3:00. While it's a small thing, it's interesting how many bikes are brought and shown. This is truly a 'one horse town'. You can't miss things: there is the town square (a square block) and that's about it. Enjoyable way to spend a Fall afternoon, and ride target, for anybody within 75 miles, or thereabout.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Dave Ditner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: Oxford, Michigan except for winter, Wildwood Florida then

Post by Dave Ditner »

I've got space reserved for the ICOA and the ZRXOA. if you want some of it E me @ cbxdavey@Gmail.com
Davey

9 Xs: 4-79s, 1-80, 1-81 and 3-82s

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”