Who's Going to Colorado?

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)

Will you attend Colorado 2010?

No.
44%
Yes, in Salida.
No votes
Yes, in Montrose.
11%
Yes, in Durango.
11%
Yes, for the whole doggone thing.
33%

Total votes: 9

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Who's Going to Colorado?

Post by Rick Pope »

Please answer the poll so I'll have some idea what to expect..........

If you can only join us for a few days, that's fine, we'll see some great scenery and ride some dandy roads. Might even find some good ice cream or pizza. Ever had Mountain Oysters?
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Who's Going to Colorado?

Post by harvey »

Rick,

Just a suggestion but you might want to modify the first NO answer to read " NO, but wish I could go".

Actually I would eliminate it as it does not give you any useful info beyond how many read the poll and just voted!
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick: I can make only one week and August looks better so far. We may drive out to arrive on August 1 in Durango and wait for the rest to arrive on the 2nd. Then go back after the rally on Friday the 6th.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

I'm planning all 3, Rick. Plan to arrive Salida Sunday afternoon. Mountain oysters, good cigar and a touch of scotch all against a Colorado mtn backdrop after a day of riding the hills. Don't git no better!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Last year, when Susan and I were out there scouting, we camped up the road from Salida at about 8500' altitude. One evening I lit a nice cigar, one that should have taken about 2 hours to enjoy. It lasted over 3 hours. I would guess it had to do with the reduced oxygen density. I'll be taking a tupperdor (much cheaper than a humidor) full of smokes.

Oxygen density doesn't seem to make ice cream, beer, or mountain oysters last any longer.

From what I'm hearing, several folks are camping, and it appears we'll have a bit older crowd than usual. I've heard from several ICOA alumni and friends who are coming too.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Oh man :roll: Reserve me a spot up wind :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Downwind would get you 'free' cigars!!!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Larry Zimmer

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Rick, as of the Winter rally, Chuck Ewing and Brian Weiss were planning to do part of it. I'm mentioning this becasue, last I knew, Chuck does not have/do internet. So, he wouldn't be responding to this. Just an fyi. I know Brian does internet; however, I don't know how often he may check the site.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I saw both Chuck and Brian a few weeks ago. Chuck will be joining us for a portion of the rally, but Brian most likely will not. Ed and Toni Perkins, and Dave and Sandy Nicholson (friends of Gene Tilley) will also be joining us.
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

EMS wrote:Oh man :roll: Reserve me a spot up wind :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Upwind? Don't you know Larry and I only smoke the finest $.25 cigars? Sheesh. Such a delicate nose. :lol:

Actually, I'll be sitting around the campfire, perhaps sipping some Black Bush w/ Bill Hoctor many of the evenings. Perhaps we can do a brat/corn cook-out too? It doesn't just have to at Vintage Daze.
Rick Pope

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:
EMS wrote:Oh man :roll: Reserve me a spot up wind :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Upwind? Don't you know Larry and I only smoke the finest $.25 cigars? Sheesh. Such a delicate nose. :lol:

Actually, I'll be sitting around the campfire, perhaps sipping some Black Bush w/ Bill Hoctor many of the evenings. Perhaps we can do a brat/corn cook-out too? It doesn't just have to at Vintage Daze.
I may be able to come up with a couple of original Hoyo de Montereys for you guys (I don't smoke anymore) and the cook-out idea sounds awesome!! I bring some of these mean bratwursts!!

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

There's nothing wrong with Hoyo cigars. A bit full bodied, but very smooth.

One of our Colorado members who lives in Grand Junction has been telling me how wonderful the corn is over in his valley. We'll have to sample it while we're in Montrose, along with those brats.

About those brats, are they as good as Johnsonville? (ducking and running....)
Rick Pope

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I talked to the folks at Heart of the Rockies Campground at Salida this evening. They are holding some pull-through sites for us with full hook-ups. Once those are gone, you can get a pull=through with everything except sewer.

Make those reservations........
Rick Pope

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”