Radford Virginia Rally - WT ???????????????????????????????

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Radford Virginia Rally - WT ???????????????????????????????

Post by Mike Cecchini »

How about somebody waking up and posting something on the 2010 Rally Calendar about the cancellation of the Radford, Virginia :shock:

Time after time after time...... I try to find something and it's a clusterpfugg trying to get even the most basic infomation.

And youi guys wonder why people stick with the Brewer List. :roll:
It's not what you ride.....it's how you ride.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Dear Mike!

Quite frankly, I about had it with your constant agitation about the forum and why your e-mail list is better. Why don't you put a sock in it. :evil:

If you go here:
viewtopic.php?t=5541

and scroll down in the list of 2010 Rallies, you can clearly read;
May/June: Radford Rally. <<<Cancelled>>>
The fact that you are still living in the 70s and don't know how to navigate a forum, doesn't mean they are bad. I guess your real problem is, that on the Brewer list YOU are the "Big Dog" and here you wouldn't be. Guess what: There are people who are not a member there because they don't care to get an e-mail or three from you EVERY day. Pretty much the same as those who don't like us few trolling the sandbox interested in own agendas :roll: :roll:

Oh, and one more thing, please:

What
Jan's/Louis/Tims agenda going on over there
are you talking about? There is NOTHING going on here :!: Please point me to it!

Sorry everybody else for the rant :oops:

Mike Simon
Secretary ICOA

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Put things where they belong on the Forum please. ;p

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Dear Mike....... I've about had it with your constant agitation with those that do not share your opinions on things. Why don't YOU put a sock in it ????

FYI...... I did go to the proper location to check 2010 Rallies.... viewforum.php?f=53 .......and if YOU look at it..... there is no Radford Rally heading like all the other rallies.

This is especially disturbing because the Radford Rally is the ONLY rally that's been cancelled......and SHOULD have it's own thread heading...... not hidden in some other information.

Something this notable should have: "Radford Rally Cancelled" as it's heading. :idea:

Btw........ there are no "Big Dogs' on the Brewer List Mr. Simon...... just a bunch of regular CBX owners that have stayed true to our (1970's) roots and no Big Brother hovering over us telling us what to do and where to do it.

Gotta love your comment on my CBX List postings (which amounts to 3--5 a week) coming from one who can't stand to sit-by and let anyone else post something here without putting your $.02 in 5--10 times a day. Please Mr. Glass House and so self-righteous.

All in all.... I come over here occasionally to check into ICOA events when Rick fails to post ICOA information that should be posted for the rest of the members (on a regular basis as it should be)...... and I find time after time the Forum is designed for those who created it and don't want the Brewer List to live on as the free entity it is and where everyone can say what they think without comments such as yours. :roll:

Sorry to disturb your sandbox Mike...... I'll leave you and the others to your agenda's and go back where I belong. 8)

TerryL
ICOA Travel Director
ICOA Travel Director

Post by TerryL »

..." and go back where I belong."

Let's see, we have a new rally coordinator, a board in transition, new members all the time, lot's of discussions about the CBX and then someone comes in once a month or so and can't find anything...

What's that saying about the door hitting you on the way out? :roll: How about you either contribute or return to 1970 where your banter might be appreciated? There (are) time machines right?
Ride em if ya got em....

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Put things where they belong on the Forum please. ;p

Post by EMS »

Mike Cecchini wrote: FYI...... I did go to the proper location to check 2010 Rallies.... viewforum.php?f=53 .......and if YOU look at it..... there is no Radford Rally heading like all the other rallies.

This is especially disturbing because the Radford Rally is the ONLY rally that's been cancelled......and SHOULD have it's own thread heading...... not hidden in some other information.
Why in the world, should a rally that was cancelled with the very first post made about 2010 rallies have it's own rally heading :?: :?:
So that people like you, who - I repeat myself: don't know how to navigate a forum AND don't make an effort, find it?
I guess that's the same problem as we have in the U.S. with the school system. It has to be made such that also those graduate who really shouldn't.

Other than that, I wholeheartedly agree with Terry 8)

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

TerryL wrote:
Let's see, we have a new rally coordinator, a board in transition, new members all the time, lot's of discussions about the CBX and then someone comes in once a month or so and can't find anything...

New rally coordinator ? Rick's been around for decades and knows all the ropes.....so that's hardly a reason. Excuse.... yes. Reason..... no.

Sure, ton's of discussion.....sure..... between 3--5 posters.

New members ? Hahahahahahaha......that's a good one. I heard that Krager's site/forum is done.....so I guess you got some of that crowd. Good luck. :shock:

And yes.... I check forum about once a month to see if I'm missing something I should know about as a ICOA member.....which should be posted automatically on the Brewer List because there's many ICOA members there.....but it's just "too hard to cut & paste notices to that List"....... p-l-e-a-s-e. :roll:

Just to let you know Terry..... I use several other forums, so forums aren't new to me...... it's just pretty much the same thing all around. Posters don't put things where they belong or start a new thread when the topic changes. And because moderators are so use to what they see, they too don't see things objectively and do the work needed every single day to keep things in order for those who don't live and breath the forum. Like Simon's post showing me where the Radford Rally was cancelled..... he had to send me a direct link to it as it was buried in the Rally notices........when it should have been a thread heading all it's own.

Let's be clear here Terry..... you guys are on the forum every day, sometimes many times a day, so you get to learn where everything is simply by sheer exposure and repetition. Therefore you know where everything is even when it's not in the right place. So when some of us (that have other things to do in life) ......try to find something it's really confusing and frustrating when it's not where it's suppose to be or not clearly headed.

The whole concept of a forum is to keep things extremely straightforward and easy to find...... but in reality it doesn't happen or work because the individuals that use it everyday......day-in and day-out become so use to that forum's specific idiosyncrasies that you don't even see it..... then you laugh at those who stumble around and leave. :?

It's suppose to be easier, not just for the extremely experienced forum user.....but for the occasional user also. It's suppose to be 2--3 clicks...... not 20--30 clicks.

Just to make the point......ever notice how libraries are set-up ?? You can walk into any library in North America and go right to a specific book by it's ISBN number....... or cross-reference it to it's Dewey decimal system number. Novel concept eh ? :idea:

Thanks for the discussion.

My best...... Mike

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

EMS wrote:
Why in the world, should a rally that was cancelled with the very first post made about 2010 rallies have it's own rally heading :?: :?:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah. You never cease to amaze me Mr. Simon.

Maybe so members can see the notice without having to search 10--20 mins for it. :shock:

I rest my case. :lol:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Mike Cecchini wrote:
I rest my case. :lol:
I heard that Krager's site/forum is done.....so I guess you got some of that crowd. Good luck
You better rest your case, Mike. It shows how disconnected your are from reality. CBXWorld is alive and kicking and certainly, as far as traffic and participation is concerned, the best communication platform for CBXers there is. And guess what: It is a forum :shock: :shock:

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

EMS wrote:
......as far as traffic and participation is concerned, the best communication platform for CBXers there is. And guess what: It is a forum :shock: :shock:

Try telling that to the many ICOA members on the Brewer List Mike. :roll:

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

EMS wrote: Dear Mike!

<snip>

Oh, and one more thing, please:

What
Jan's/Louis/Tim's agenda going on over there
are you talking about? There is NOTHING going on here :!: Please point me to it!

Mike Simon
Secretary ICOA
How wonderfully ignorant we are in open world print. :thumupp:

Frankly you really don't want to hear or read my observations and thoughts on the new ICOA agenda......but it'll all come out soon enough without my pointing it out for the rest of the membership. Not to mention it would be labeled "disruptive to the membership" and therefore thinly disguised cause to see me gone.

So it's not going to happen with my name attached to it.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Really, I wish you would shut up if you can't or don't want to substantiate your ramblings!
You are making an allegation! Should I quote it for you again? Here it is:
Jan's/Louis/Tims agenda going on over there
Over there where? Here? Show us or be quiet!

Mike Cecchini
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Mike Cecchini »

Have a nice day Michael.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Radfrod

Post by Larry Zimmer »

What am I missing?! The Rally Schedule has shown the Radford Rally as "cancelled" for months.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Since the 22nd of April, I have been on a trip to Galena, IL. I have had a wonderful time riding out and back, not on a CBX, but still riding. Then today I check this website and see that Mike C. has actually posted on the Forum! WOW, this is a new event!

Because I am also on the Brewer Mailist, I know Mike's distaste for websites and forums so I see his post and think this is a positive thing. Okay, his post deals with not being able to find info easily on the site. But does anyone offer to help him, NO, everyone who posts just attacks Mike except Larry. And what follows is a petty argument. Frankly, If I were considering joining the ICOA, after reading the pis--ng contest that followed, I would have the attitude of who needs you guys!

The upstart of this seems to be that if you and I disagree, we need to drive each other away. FALSE

Folks, if we are going to grow as a Club and as individuals we need to find ways to work through differences, and enjoy our primary mutual ground as folks who like to own and ride CBXs. And that includes not knocking any website that also supports CBXs. We all have our own views on many subjects and learning to get along together for the preservation of the CBX and having fun while doing it is more important than whether we communicate on the Brewer List, the ICOA forum or on CBXWorld.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

harvey: Your point is well taken 8) However.... there is a little more to this. As you say yourself, Mike C has a
distaste for websites and forums
This in itself is fine and his "problem"
But coming here and ranting about it repeatedly, is an offense to those who work hard to make this forum work and improve on it. It was not the first time and not the last time he tries to push his agenda about the superiority of the e-mail list as a communication tool. He actually did it again with a snide remark "where he belongs" just yesterday.
He never asked for help. He couldn't find what he was looking for, because he wasn't looking right and came out and slammed the forum and its moderators once again.
I apologized elsewhere for my response and I do it here again, but I hope at the same time, that everybody understands how something like this can wear you down, especially if it is the same over and over and over.
This forum here and the CBXPress are funded by the ICOA and thus the only official communication tools for the club. What if somebody else decides to start a Yahoo group or other e-mail based "list" and demands information to be published there too?
For those who are retired, it may not be a big deal, but my e-mail inbox gets filled up every day the way it is, I don't need another connection sending me 10 e-mails a day.

Mike Simon
Secretary ICOA

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”