Total Mileage Ridden

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Total Mileage Ridden

Post by EMS »

With the ride to our usual Tuesday night Ride-In, I logged just over 8,000 miles on my motorcycles so far this year.
Considering that I am
- not an Iron Butt rider
- employed, and have to spend more time in the office than I can on a
motorcycle
- hauling more than one bike over long distances to meetings/rallies in a
trailer

I am rather proud of myself. The season is not quite over yet, we have a few more rides planned and as I started this year on May 5, this is only 18 weeks so far, which makes it an average of approx. 450 miles per week.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Sounds good! I haven't ever checked my mileage per week but 450 is pretty good for someone who...trailers some of the time. :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

karl sparks
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by karl sparks »

When I was using My X as a commuter. Was ridding 1000 miles a week for awhile. Thats why the old girl has 165k on her. :wink:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

A total of about 4000 here, not all on one bike though.. :oops:
ICOA # 656

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

karl sparks wrote:When I was using My X as a commuter. Was ridding 1000 miles a week for awhile. Thats why the old girl has 165k on her. :wink:
Impressive and amazing Karl.........mini lesson here......it can still be done and on a CBX. :thumbsup:

Back in the day best I ever did was maybe 10-12k per year....now that the Dawgie is back and on the road again I am thinking half that would how it will work out in 2010 for me....but will go for more
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

5 to 6K on da Dawgie next year? I hope I'm around to see most of those!!

I did about that many last year . . . . 98% of them on the CBX. I have to force myself to ride the KLR anymore - At least until I can convince a few of your guys that we ought to do the Continental Divide ride. Next year would be PERFECT for that . . . . after we finish the 2700 off-road miles from Canada to Mexico, we could meet up with Rick in Colorado and put some miles on the X's

That would make for a great year!

Don

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Very impressive, EMS.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Very impressive, EMS.
Well...let's not overdo it :roll: I wouldn't call it impressive, but for me, with limited time to ride, it is pretty decent. Actually, my best in the last five years.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

To be honest, several of our UK members rode their CBX's to Germany & back, some of them very very nice customs & the mileage & pace didn't put them off...We had zero failures in our group although Ian had some problems.

I was indeed impressed, forgetting the quality of Japanese engineering... I mean, I've lived with the bike for 30 odd years & am still learning... :wink:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

My 79 is a little fickle, and I wouldn't trust it on a longer ride, but my 81, I would take anywhere, together with anybody riding a new bike.
But because of comfort features, like fairing and bags, the Prolink runs circles around the 79 for longer trips anyway. 8)

RudyF6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by RudyF6 »

Life kinda' got in my way this year - I only have 4-5,000 under my tires between 2 bikes. That would normally be closer to 10,000. The only reason it got as good as it did was riding to the Mega-Rally in June. (Sure would like to do THAT again! :D )
You can never be lost if you don't care where you're going!

harvey
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by harvey »

Well the year is not over so there will be a number of miles ridden between now and 12/31.

I don't have any projection of how many miles I will ride but I know the mileage on the CBX will be down from past years. I do not ride it as a commuter a couple days a week anymore. Or any other bike for that matter.

So inspite of the 1300+ miles I did going to and from the wonderful get together Dave and Bob had for us up in Brookville, PA, my mileage for the year will be down somewhat.
harvey

Ride Safe and Ride Often

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”