EURO CBX RALLY 2009 PICS

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

EURO CBX RALLY 2009 PICS

Post by alimey4u2 »

Thanks to Louis Mintrone ( sometimes riding no handed) for some of these pics.... :shock:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/ ... LY%202009/
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Nice pics, Larry, thanks! I see Stefan Jung brought his supercharged, fuel- and water-injected custom. Seems like it runs O.K. now. Did you have a chnace tot alk to him?

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Had a nice long chat with Stefan Mike, his bike won best special & of course got my vote. The Swiss bikes were also superb but technically Stefans was well ahead... 8)
ICOA # 656

Joner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Joner »

Hi Larry.

Nice pics, nice bikes and nice weather, what more could you ask for?

Cheers
Chris J.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Larry and Louis, thank you for the great pics.
Some of the bikes are too outrageous for me but i can certainly appreciate the skill, effort and money that were required.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

May I just add that the German CBX club put on a superb venue, a tough act to follow for the Euro Rally in 2010 being held in the UK. However; I'm sure those involved will also do us proud....
ICOA # 656

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote: Some of the bikes are too outrageous for me but i can certainly appreciate the skill, effort and money that were required.
That was the general feeling in the camp, these pictures don't do them justice... 8)
ICOA # 656

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Thanks Larry,
There are some great pictures of some beautiful bikes there. I even recognized a few of them. I am sure that you and Louis had a fine time. One of these days I may take a turn.
Thanks again for sharing the pictures.
Very Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Manoman :!: Excellent excellent photos :!: 8) What a diversity of bikes over there. :o From wild colors to other worldly body work to all manner of performance mods, frames, front and rear ends, brakes, engine guards (lots of engine guards) :P :lol: multiple colored engines even! 8) Except for those few that looked like they'd been rearended...with tails sticking up in the air? :shock: Didn't like those much. Also noticed that there seems to be many more heavily modified versions compared to most American versions I've seen.

Thanks for the...journey 8) BTW, after clicking to see the pics, for a real enjoyable trip, click on the slideshow option in the top right and adjust your speed, go full screen and kick back for the ride :!: :D Popcorn and a beverage are optional. :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Thanks guys.... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Great pix............sorta, almost, kinda had me actuallllly there with Louis and you.

Thx to both of you for helping me via these photos ....... think ...... of what it would be like if I had been there

:thumbsup: :clap: :cheers: :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Achim Grabbe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Achim Grabbe »

Mike Barone #123 wrote: Thx to both of you for helping me via these photos ....... think ...... of what it would be like if I had been there
Great pix indeed, you know, Mike: some day you'll be here and one day I'll be there with you over the pond.
Had the pleasure to talk to Louis, and the other bunch of course, mostly Ian Foster who made pix like crazy from what I think was every single bike there... He missed the great ride out sat to photograph like mad. Incredible...
Nice to see that this event was voted mostly as "highly enjoyable", as one of the organizers I can say: great that you were there (if you were).
Achim
GREEN BAZOOKA Software

http://www.cbxclub.de/english.htm

'82 CBX C (SC06)
'83 CBX550F (PC04)
'95 Vmax (2WE)

Achim Grabbe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Achim Grabbe »

Mike Barone #123 wrote: Thx to both of you for helping me via these photos ....... think ...... of what it would be like if I had been there
Great pix indeed, you know, Mike: some day you'll be here and one day I'll be there with you over the pond.
Had the pleasure to talk to Louis, and the other bunch of course, mostly Ian Foster who made pix like crazy from what I think was every single bike there... He missed the great ride out sat to photograph like mad. Incredible...
Nice to see that this event was voted mostly as "highly enjoyable", as one of the organizers I can say: great that you were there (if you were).
Achim
GREEN BAZOOKA Software

http://www.cbxclub.de/english.htm

'82 CBX C (SC06)
'83 CBX550F (PC04)
'95 Vmax (2WE)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”