WORLD WIDE MEGA RALLY INFORMATION

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

WORLD WIDE MEGA RALLY INFORMATION

Post by Louis »

Just want to let everyone know that all proceeds of the sales of shirts, glasses and the rally fees will go to TOYS FOR TOTS. This is a great chance for people to help kids at Christmas time. We are not making one dime on anything including food, hotel rooms, campground sites, storage area for trailers or anything. There will be no parts for sale at the rally unless someones bike needs something to keep them running for the rally and TIMS has it at his place. Just a heads up for some of you that think we are making money on this rally. Also part of the rally fee everyone that comes to the rally has to bring a unwraped toy. Louis

I think that some people think that we are doing this rally to make money, this is not true. Yes our names are on the shirts, glasses, rally info and this is normal for any event. Just a way to advertise and get more people to attend

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

A noble charity Louis, excellent choice.... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Worldwide Mega-rallye

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Class. Thanks,
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Subject: LAST LETTER BEFORE RALLY June 24-28TH
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:08:57 -0400

CBXers, We are very close to World Wide Mega rally time. If you have not made your hotel reservations yet please do so. There are 8 rooms left at this hotel that are available for all 4 nights. The Hampton Inn next door (share the same parking lot as Comfort Suites) has rooms also and agreed to sell them at the same price $89.95 per night. Tell them you are with the CBX Motorcycle group/rally. As of today there have only been 2 people that have canceled. The rally site is still going to be at Bills house (TIMS). There will be driving directions in your rooms to his place as well as CBX RALLY signs posted with arrows to direct you there. It is only a 1 mile ride. There will also be many maps of the area for those who want to go out riding on their own. There will be short and long ride info with places to stop as well as gas places. Bill and I will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday to pick up people getting off the train/ Marta station that need to be brought to the hotel. Anyone coming earlier than Tuesday, please call Bill to make arrangements with him. The hotel is where you will get your bike from all those guys that have lent you theirs. All info for people flying in and using the train/Marta system is posted on TIMS web page. Bill and I will have our phones on us so when you get on the Marta/train at the airport call Bill 1-770-475-5550 or me 1-352-522-0030. It is very important that you call us so that you are not waiting there forever for Bill or I to come. We are about 10- 15 minutes away. The rally fee will be as I said it would, $50.00 and one unwrapped TOY. Remember all proceeds from the rally will go to the TOYS FOR TOTS. Toys for Tots provide presents for children at Christmas for those who might otherwise go without a gift. If you can’t bring a toy with you because of room in your luggage or on your bike, there is a Wal-Mart within walking distance of the hotel. I will collect the rally fee and toy on Wednesday or first thing Thursday morning before we take our group ride to Barbers Museum. We will all leave from the hotel at 10.00am. For those who can’t make it at that time, no problem we will just see you there. You will have a map with directions to get there in your room. Thursday will be our only all in one group ride. On all of the rest of the days we will break it down into smaller groups because we can’t keep 100 plus bikes together in the mountains. Bill has a few of his friend that are going to help lead some of the small groups on Friday and Saturday. You do not have to stay as a group when riding, the only thing we ask is that you be back for dinner at 7:00 on Friday and Saturday nights. For those that might have a bit too much to drink at the rally there will be someone that will take you back to your room. Not that anyone is going to drink too much… LOL. I also want to thank the guys/gals from Iceland as they are going to supply us with live music on Friday and Saturday nights. The raffle for all of the CBX parts from venders as well as other items from CBX clubs all around the world will be on Saturday night. Bill and I have decided that you must attend the rally to win anything. We have had many people wanting to pay for tickets to the rally that do not plan to come. They only want to be able to have a chance of winning the many great CBX parts / apparel and a 1979 CBX. We just didn’t feel that this was fair to those of you who are coming. I know a few people have said that they are coming, but might have to leave early Saturday. That is not a problem. As long as you have signed the form at the rally you are good to go. Bill and I have put MANY hours into planning this rally and trying to make this the best CBX rally ever put together. We hope we all have a great time and get to see some of our old friend as well as make a bunch of new ones. I think some of you are staying in the local campground. If so please get in touch with one of us on Tuesday or Wednesday so that we can get the info packet to you. ALSO THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT-- If you are getting your bike shipped by B & B trucking you need to call now, this is very critical for the pick up of your bikes or bike. Call the office # 800-874-5444 ask for Vahn.

Get your oil changed and your bikes shined up and we will see you there!

Bill and Louis

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Just had a couple here at my house heading to the World Wide Mega rally. They are from Holland. They said there will be a total of 12 people from holland and Denmark. It is amazing what a CBX can do.

ridecbx

travel

Post by ridecbx »

Louis wrote:Just had a couple here at my house heading to the World Wide Mega rally. They are from Holland. They said there will be a total of 12 people from holland and Denmark. It is amazing what a CBX can do.
Cool! We leave Minnesota on Saturday and will play in the mountains till Thurs night. I'm on a black ST1100, and Craig on a black BMW RS. If anyone is out and about playing too, maybe a beer along the way?

Linda

PS, 2 more coming from Minnesota too! We are looking forward to meeting the over the pond folks!

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Getting excited now... 8)
ICOA # 656

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

picked up the trailer today leaving tues morning see you tues night

dan
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

dan1995 wrote:picked up the trailer today leaving tues morning see you tues night

dan
Trailer? You better be haulin more than one bike!
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

The trailer's probably in case Dan's bringing Vicki with him. That way he can strap her to the trailer and then he can't hear her (unless she screams real loud) and she can't hit him. Poor, defenseless little Danny.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

i'm bringing 4 bike's up. and george if i was bringing vikki i would of had to borrow a 5th wheel, she's gained a ton or two since you last seen her :roll:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Hey Dan, how many miles on that Busa so far?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

about 5000.......looking forward to playing with the turbo bikes up in the mountains 8)
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

dan1995 wrote:about 5000.......looking forward to playing with the turbo bikes up in the mountains 8)
They're only boosting at one atmosphere Dan, you should be able to smoke them unless Louis cranks it up... :lol: :lol:
ICOA # 656

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

he would have to crank it up a LOT :lol: :lol: i put it on a wheel dyno at one of the bike shows it made 177.2 rear wheel and it gets 45-50 mpg :!:
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”