Riding Eastern Ohio

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Riding Eastern Ohio

Post by EMS »

Had a really nice weekend trip to Parkersburg, West Virginia. Stayed in the Blennerhassett Hotel in Parkersburg. Beautifully renovated, nice, old, classic hotel. Great resturant with a spectacular wine list. There are awesome riding roads in that area on the Ohio side around Marietta. We took Rte 30 to Rte 62 to Rte 83 all the way south to Rte 60 and there east to Rte 339 into Parkersburg. This leads you right through large parts of Amish country. Beautiful. I didn't take a camera, but I will have some pictures coming.

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

No camera... :roll: sounds nice though, which bike did you take?
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Ohio Rt. 555 is not to be missed. Route 800 is pretty darn good too, if you like lots of sweepers. In fact, most of the roads around there are great. I think we've had 2 rallies in Marrietta?
Mike, did you get over to Blennerhassett Island? Nice bit of Revolutionary War history there.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Terry wrote:No camera... :roll: sounds nice though, which bike did you take?
Actually, I took a camera, but the battery was dead :oops: :oops: :lol:
It was a BMW club ride. I rode my R1100RT. It is the only bike I have that provides enough luggage capacity for an overnight stay if I take my wife :roll:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote: Mike, did you get over to Blennerhassett Island? Nice bit of Revolutionary War history there.
Not this time, Rick, but I have been there before. Two years ago, we went there to the Sternwheeler Festval. It is coming up this year the weekend after Labor Day. "Ohio River Sternwheeler Festival" in Marietta. Nice event.

http://www.blennerhassettislandstatepark.com/

http://www.mariettaohio.org/sternwheel_festival

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

Please don't accuse me of pulling a "George" and hi-jacking your thread, but Susan and I just returned this evening from a little 2 day run down to Natural Bridge State Park in Kentucky. Just over 400 miles round trip, taking some of the best, and emptiest, roads you can imagine. Of course I forgot a camera, as we didn't decide to do this trip until 3 hours before we actually left.
A few of you are familiar with eastern KY roads, but let me point out that between Cincinnati and Nat. Br., there are some great roads. Three digit state routes seem to be the best, but SR77 and SR10 are not to be missed.
We found a nice mom/pop motel for $55/night w/ pool to base a future rally........... Great pizza just 1/2 mile away too.
This turned out to be a longer post than I anticipated, should have started a new subject,,,see first sentence. :P
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote: We found a nice mom/pop motel for $55/night w/ pool to base a future rally........... Great pizza just 1/2 mile away too.
This sounds really interesting.... 8) 8)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”