Stress relieving ride of 12/23/07

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Stress relieving ride of 12/23/07

Post by Terry »

Just a few pics of the Pacific and how I got there and back, including a stop at Alice's. The rod is a RHD 29 Ford chopped and channeled to the max with an air suspension that lowers the body to the ground (so it won't roll away and hide in shame maybe?) but had a very healthy motor and large vented disc brakes all around. POS tires and no real interior so still in the works I suppose?

Weather was in the 50s and clear as a bell. Slight headwind heading north on 1 and lots of shade in the hills leading to Alice's. Had a good time for a few miles in the twisties with some kind of a loud bike with twin headlights, maybe red & white, that came up behind me. Stayed with me but never passed. :o :lol: He kept going when I turned into Alice's so I never got a good look at him. I gotta get in shape though. My hands should't shake after just a few fast miles of lefts and rights should they? :lol:
Just click on a pic to enlarge and after its enlarged, apparently you can click the enlarged pic to make it a bit clearer. Didn't know myself...new digital cam BTW. Be honest now :D Remember, they're four across on some screens.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... rd%202007/
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Until I read it was air suspension I thought you would need magnesium sliders under that Terry..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

I like the car. I went for a ride on the 23rd also. You could call it stress relief. I spent the last week on the road, dodging the storm's that really messed up the mid-west and parts east. I have new chains for my truck. Had them for a while. In some states it's law to have them whether you use them or not. I park my truck and wait for the snow to pass. I made it from San Diego to Seattle to Portland (OR) to Salt Lake City to San Diego in 6 days. When I got back I rode my favorite road. First time since the fires. A lot of devastation but my favorite parts are still there. You'll be flying along and hit a stretch where there's trees on both sides of the road, like a tunnel through the trees. It's still there. At the end of it there's a little country store. I stopped there for a drink. They have a Christmas tree outside with presents under it. That's why I love it here. You can leave your tree and presents outside and they'll be there the next day, and the weather won't (usually) destroy them.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Boy, you guys are gonna hurt my feelings. :( :wink: I like this one the best. Corners disappearing in the dark...and it was the middle of the day, last Sunday!

Last edited by ICOA WebTeam on Sat May 08, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up HTML for PHPBB3
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”