OK, I can't stand it...no ride info from the weekend

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

OK, I can't stand it...no ride info from the weekend

Post by Terry »

Pics will come later but I had a great ride on Saturday, 396 miles to be exact. Took the Busa this time as I just put a new drivechain on and I needed to get my 'speed' on anyway. Had it now for a year an a half and already turned over 19,000 miles on it. Took 101 to Hollister and then south on 25 (next services 79 miles) to 198 and then west to 101 again then south and west over to the coast at Cambria. Then, north all the way on hiway 1. Great day, sunshine, blue skies and no clouds. Unlimited visibility out to sea, the (deep blue sea) today. Just a bit of a headwind north on 1 and very little traffic. Not as many bikes out as I expected but also, very few four wheelers.

I can't recall how many times I've ridden hiway 1 in each direction but it always satisfies. Straights and corners, elevation changes, ups and downs, hard corners and nice sweepers. It has it all plus, the Pacific is right there to your left (heading north). Lots of pullout spots and great views up and down the coast. After Monterey (time trials at Laguna for Sunday's AMA final) left little traffic to deal with. Took 152 east through Watsonville and over Hecker pass and Mt Madonna (the C2C riders will recall) and then the back way (tree lined 2 lanes) to civilization.

Sunday morning my daughter arrived for her second parking lot ride on her new SV. She only had a few hours and next time we'll head out onto public roads for her first real ride as the pilot of her own motorcycle. She's getting better and sits a good horse if you know what I mean. Later in the afternoon I retired to my livingroom chair for the GP and the AMAs. Was saddened to see Mladin lose to young Ben but their race was a good one, as was Rossi's win in GP. You know, I don't know what I'd give to be able to ride like they do but it would be something I really enjoy!!! Maybe in another life, if I come back at 5'3" and weigh only 120. :lol: Anyone else get out? Winter's coming you know!
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Re: OK, I can't stand it...no ride info from the weekend

Post by alimey4u2 »

Terry wrote: Anyone else get out? Winter's coming you know!
Flushed my brake fluid (DOT 5) adjusted/checked chain tension, did a little polishing & cleaning & am ready....
As soon as the weather cooperates I will let the big 6 howl..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Chris
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Chris »

You do have a great area to ride Terry. Maria will never agree to riding out there but we have talked about trailering a bike out there. We stay in Watsonville when we go to the Moto GP race. As you mentioned, you have a variety of road types to ride on. Your daughter can find lots of nearly carless back roads to ride on.

We were in Iowa this weekend and missed all of the racing. I'd completely forgot about the AMA and Moto races. :oops: I'll need to catch up on them on line.

Went to Iowa to pick up a German Shepherd. Maria named him Moto. I guess you know we are motorsports fans. :)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Terry, i watched the AMA races on Sunday as well.
I do not follow the series as closely as you but i was also hoping for the "old guy" Mladin to win. Plenty of time for Spies to win in the future. I was pleasantly surpised to see the new attitude from Matt. Friendly and accomodating to the media andgracious in defeat.
I had always seen him as a bit of a hardass with little time for the media. Of course this is strictly from my limited exposure on Speed TV and the occasional Roadracing World magazine.
Has he changed?

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Here's a few pics from a couple weekends. Some with my daughter on her SV and the 79 and Hayabusa out in my backyard. Wanna come over and play? 8) All scenes are within an hour or two from my home. Just click on a pic to enlarge.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... ast%20etc/
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Good stuff Terry, again Thanks.... 8)
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”