UK CBX Club Wales Region Meet

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

UK CBX Club Wales Region Meet

Post by alimey4u2 »

A group of us met at the Blue Anchor pub in East Aberthaw, Wales UK for dinner & a chin wag. Great chatting with the CBXers (& wives) & the thing that struck me is, there is a common bond that revolves around this motorcycle, I think it's called a profile...which explains why we are what we are.... :lol:

Not knowing the local or the route, I went on my SatNav loaded BMW (forgive me) that partly navigated my down the "one horse paths" of rural Wales... :shock: Just a few pics as we had failing light & were hungry.... :wink: Great company, thanks all....... :thumupp:

Chris, Glad I decided to wear my overjacket & fleece as the ride back got a little chilly.... my next mod will be HID lights on the Beemer as the stock are sh*te.... :lol:

The men were checking out the bikes.....:lol:

This is the cleanest CBX I have seen......

Joner's ( Chris ) daily rider in remarkably clean condition

Another loverly example.....

Another riders "perfect" example.....

Honda Hornet with Fireblade engine....."stunning":shock:

ICOA # 656

rbarber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by rbarber »

Do you have that many thugs over there too so the guy had to put a disc lock on his red CBX? :shock: :shock:

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Great pictures, thanks for posting. The background helps set the bikes off.
I take such lousy pics that i used to blame on the equipment. I now have to admit it is the operator.
That Suzuki is stunning.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

rbarber wrote:Do you have that many thugs over there too so the guy had to put a disc lock on his red CBX? :shock: :shock:
I thought that too....... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Nice pics :thumupp: The interest among CBXers in non CBXes always amazes me. That is definitely a major reason why I like this crowd!

Joner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Joner »

Thanks for the photos Larry,

Chele and I enjoyed our evening with all, and can't wait for the next meet up.
We ran into a bird that shot out of the hedgerow, on the way home, If I had my visor up I would have been spitting feathers, but it bounced off the visor and really woke us both up. It did get a bit blowey on the way home.

I didn't notice the disc lock, glad it wasn't on my bike I'd have been it trouble. :oops:

Hope it wasn't the specs that made the night vision poor, :wink:

See you soon
Chris J.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Joner wrote: I didn't notice the disc lock, glad it wasn't on my bike I'd have been it trouble. :oops:

Chris J.
Any front wheel locking device such as disc or spoke locks should be used with a large sticker somewhere close to the ignition lock alerting the user to remove it before take-off :!: It has saved me several times from embarassement or worse :roll:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

It seems smarter to use a disc lock on the rear rotor. That would require at least two people to carry off the bike instead of just rolling it away on the rear (unlocked) wheel. Fork lock in front and disc lock in the rear makes it much harder to steal.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Excellent point, Terry! Never really thought of that 8)

cbxmel

Disc locks etc

Post by cbxmel »

Hi everyone,Yes,it is a fact of life in the UK that there is lowlife out there trying to steal our six cylinder pride and joys.Alarms,disc locks and chains are the order of the day.They just want to break the bikes and sell the spares.I would do what they do in Saudi Arabia,cut there bloody hands off,or anything else come to that!!! All the best to you all and ride safe.Mel Watkins.Chairman cbx riders club(uk)
North Wales UK.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”