X at the Midwest 1100F Get Together

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
silversurfer1050
Power Poster
Power Poster

X at the Midwest 1100F Get Together

Post by silversurfer1050 »

Hi guys.

Just thought I'd share a couple pictures and a quick write up of the "Midwest 1100F Get Together" from last weekend. There were 9 people total in attendance from three states in the USA and two gentlemen from Canada.

We stayed overnight at The Keweenaw Mt Lodge" The lodge was built in the early 1900's as part of one of the work programs. We toured historic Fort Wilkins the next morning. The Upper Penninsula has some very nice hilly sweeping roadway to be enjoyed. The groupp did a ride south and back to the Lodge on Saturday. Melody and I separated from the group in the afernoon and headed south

The food was good, weather was great, and the cameraderie was Xcellent.

There were a couple guys there that are also members on this board. Rabid Honda riders ;-)

My pics:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa26 ... hrome1050/

My quote from the 1100F website:
Thanks for the wonderful visit and cameraderie guys.

We got a couple other visits in along the way home and are just getting to bed at 10:45. Melody really had fun. Those roads are great in the UP.

Quick rundown of wildlife:
Three separate near dear collisions.
One dead beaver on the side of the road by Eagle river Wisconsin
many eagles flying along the way
re-flattened a dead red squirrel in Three Lakes
...probably the most interesting - the woodchuck chewing on the floor joist in the cabin while we were trying to sleep

Not only were a lot of the HD boys waving, people just standing along side the raod waved too. Mel thought it was really cute when the young guy about 4 or 5 years old on Brockway Mountain was looking at the bikes and she asked hime which one he liked best. He was bashful and kind of hid behind his mom and said "the black one". She replied "That's nice, that one's mine."

Looking forward to next time.
Bill
A woman at 20 is like ice, at 30 she is warm and at 40 she is hot.

(Gina Lollobrigida)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Great pics Bill, Thanx for sharing....... 8)
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”