How many other motorcycles do you own?

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)

NOT counting your CBX(s) how many other street bikes do you currently own?

0 - I wouldn't own anything else!
8%
26%
20%
16%
4 or more. I'm not picky as long as it has 2 wheels.
30%

Total votes: 50

cb1100f
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

How many other motorcycles do you own?

Post by cb1100f »

NOT counting your CBX how many other street bikes do you currently own?
[b]Glenn[/b]

'83 CB1100F , '82 CBX, '94 Wife

[url=http://cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1524][color=blue][b]Here's the CBF FAQs[/b][/color][/url]

Dave Ditner
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Location: Oxford, Michigan except for winter, Wildwood Florida then

Post by Dave Ditner »

A Yamaha RD 400 with a Vesco Fairing, clip ons and expansion chambers, a 72 Honda CB 500 4, a 78 Honda 750 F, a Yamaha XS 1100, and a 72 Yamaha DT 250 Dirt Bike.
Davey

9 Xs: 4-79s, 1-80, 1-81 and 3-82s

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

How many motorcycles

Post by EMS »

Well, I have "4 or more". :oops: But I take exception to "I am not very picky". :wink: I am indeed very picky. I can not bring myself to be interested in any bike Suzuki makes or ever made except for the GS1000S "Wes Cooley" . And except for a Norton Commando I can not see myself ever buying a British bike. Not even a Vincent Black Shadow or an AJS Porcupine - if I could ever afford one. :roll:

gatling

How Many

Post by gatling »

I have four: The 82 CBX, a 97 TL1000S, a 95 Daytona 1200, and a 92 Softail.

cbxchris

Post by cbxchris »

EMS you don`t know what you`ve missed for the last twenty some odd years. I had a GS1000 in 78....overall better bike than a 79 cbx but I have the cbx....am presently looking for a 78. What can I say....GS1100,Gs1150,GSXR series,Hayabusa......man I can`t believe you would just not like a complete brand. I like them all....all have the good and the bad including honda.

chevok
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

where's the 'Still looking' option?

Post by chevok »

Well, right now I only have the CBX...but I am looking for certain bikes. Way back in 1981, I bought a CB900F along the optional sport fairing (like the CBX). I'm looking very hard for one with the fairing but may have to buy just the bike and keep looking for the fairing. Eventually, there are a few other bikes that I've 'drooled over' throughout the years that I'd love to add to the collection.
I wonder what the lotto is up to this week?????
Ken Brown--Have bike, will ride....

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Bikes

Post by EMS »

CBXChris:

It's a very emotional issue :wink: I was born and raised in Europe and over there some of us are a little more "connected" to our vehicles. We don't consider them just methods of transport :) I bought a brand new CBX in October of 78. One of the first ones around. I was proud as a Spaniard, to say the least. As usual, during the following years, the media and all the self-proclaimed experts made a big effort to make sure the CBX would not remain the "King of the Hill" and new bikes introduced were better and faster. The one bike they featured having most of these qualities was the Suzi GS. I just plain hated the thing for that. :!: Well, I still have my original CBX. And except for the "Wes Cooley", no GS would have kept its value as well as this. And no offense intended, but styling is not Suzuki's best trait: The Hayabusa when it first came out with its brownish-golden color and the swollen lines, looked to me like a huge wad of butterscotch somebody chewed on and spit oot because he was choking on it.. :wink:

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

original cbx's.......

Post by sr71cbx »

EMS,
Is your CBX early enough to have the smooth studs instead of the spiral-rolled ones in all the later engines?Very early CBX's had those smooth studs installed and the engine numbers were under the airbox(on top of the engine)and impossible to read. 8)

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Mark, according to the ICOA info on motor numbers (produced for sale) mine is the 5,079th motor made. Motor number is waaay back there. :o But, I have the spiral studs as well. Guess there was some mixing of old and newer parts going on in mid production of the 79.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

bikes owned...

Post by sr71cbx »

----In addition to my 79 turbo CBX,I also own a cherry black '80 model CBX,my '74 Kawie H2 750 2-stroke,a Honda CB500-4 cyl.with a one-off turbo installation,a '71 Kawie F6 125 rotary valve 2-stroke single,and a '72 Honda SL70 that I learned to ride on back in '72. 8) I also have an XR50 for my son and 2 extra parts CBX's(yes,they're too far gone to restore).

The term "in deep" comes to mind,especially with a 1-car garage :shock:

andy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by andy »

Currently own one 1981 CBX and four 1969 CB750 sandcasts. I heard the early CBX's had sandcast cases, and all CBX's have sandcast heads.
75 Kawa F7, 71 CB500-4, 79 750F, 82 750 Sabre, 83 Suzuki XN85 TURBO, 81 CBX, 69 CB750 X 14 (like those old Honda's a little)

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Sandcast

Post by EMS »

My 79 CBx is an early model but the cases are die-cast. Never heard of a sandcast version. Most motorcycle heads and cylinder blocks are sandcast or investment die-cast

motorcycleguy1

harem o bikes

Post by motorcycleguy1 »

In addition to my black 80, I have a primered 81project, an 83gl1100

Goldwing aspencade, a 53 Honda Benly touring, an 80 CM200 Twinstar

that I teach people how to ride on. And I just picked up a 79 CB750 Supersport. Needless to say, I'm kind of a honda guy. Although I do have a jones for a Ural......

RCNUT

how many bikes besides CBX

Post by RCNUT »

Besides my 3 CBX's (2x 79's + 1 82) to keep them company, there are

stock 72 H2 Kawa triple (had to get another triple, fond Mach3 memories)

90 HD FXRS (owned since new, for those special moody days)

96 KLR 650 Kawa ( my mule )

00 RC51 Honda ordered after Honda press release , # 333 (to keep my edges sharp enough), was going to be an Aprilia RSV1000, but Honda spoke...

Love them all, need many more...but garage full !

JP in NJ

Buffalo Bill

How many bikes

Post by Buffalo Bill »

Hmm.

1 roadworthy '82 CBX

2 CBX parts bikes (someday they'll make 1 whole bike)

1 '64 BSA Lightning (bought cheap, never seen the road or even started)

1 2003 Yamaha FJR1300 (phenominal bike)

-Buffalo Bill

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”