25+ PIX: ICOA 2006 Winter Rally..Over 50 Attend !!!!

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

25+ PIX: ICOA 2006 Winter Rally..Over 50 Attend !!!!

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Over 50 attendees showed up for the ICOA Winter Rally and no one left for home disappointed. Repairs on CBXs were the reason for this event, but spending quality time with everyone that attended was another priority.

The CBXMan facility was shocking.............as in amazing. Housed in a tidy building the size of a Walmart some of us kept getting lost. It was all there...helmets, gloves, jacket, boots, scooters, sport bikes and ofcourse more CBX stuff than most of us have ever seen in one place.

I lost track of the number of motor rebuilds that took place. Dennis, Susan and the other CBXMan employees went for pizza both days for lunch, ran the business for regular customers and ofcourse had 4 work bays set up for CBXs. We had a group dinner Saturday night that was attended by everyone. Food was great and reasonably priced.

These photos capture just a small part of the excitement, friendship and comradery of this event and I am already looking forward to next years event which is only 363 days from now.

Thisssssssssssssssss wasssssssssssssssssss reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly amazing. I will do another post mid-week once I get some recover a bit and get a few hours sleep.

Mike

Just part of CBXMan massive facility

One of four ongoing Tech Sessions

Andy Gillen: Is there going to be another CBXMan winter rally next weekend?

Bill Elliott, Mike Cecchini, JP Grasmuck. Bill is looking pretty good for a guy that got no sleep all three days of the rally!

Bob Buehler: If I don't get my turbo and fuel injection to work

soon I will trade the X in for one of those 50cc scooters.

Brian Weis: Brian's solution for the Dawgie might be something like this..... pass me a gas can and some matches!!!

Carl Caemmerer telling Rip and Ian Foster: Listen close....if I squeeze my hands together just like this, doesn't it sound exactly like a Bassani pipe on an X !!!

Welcome to the real Dawg Pound. Susan McCarney artwork depicts modest clues that Dawgie was

ready to battle progress at every opportunity and won most of the time!!! Frustrations mounted on

day two and secret plans were overheard to take it to the parking lot as part of a bonfire party.

Dave McMunn. "Da Dawgie has Beef Jerky gaskets. I thought I had seen it all"

Dennis McCartney: Great Rally, 50 plus attendees and he should be smiling.

Dodge Viper piston rings really do work on a CBX big bore kit......take my word on it!!!

Jack Gutshall: Heyyyyyy, when do the dancers come back from their break?

Jeff Bennetts: No wonder the Dawgie won't idle, I think I see a chili dog in there

JP to Mark Sproul: No need to be so sad now, not even you can get those oval pistons to work in a CBX

No Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy................he did get the oval pistons to work!!!

Time for lunch again

4 motor rebuilds in 6 hours....just what is Mark smiling about

Mickey Cohen, Ripper and Bill Hertling

MikeC. "You are kidding...right....no one really backed their CBX transporter over my car......did they?

He'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Back. Mickey Cohen

Nancy Gutshall to Chuck Ewing: Please no more ....New York, New York, my head is going to explode

Ray Korpan flew in from from Canada ....as in......2500 miles away to get here. Top that

Rick Pope: Helppppppppppppppppppppp ....Da Dawgie is eating my left hand!!!!

Ripper in Pink. There isn't much else to say

CBXMan also had test rides. Who is that moron without a helmet?

Tim Mcdowell. "I hereby declare the atomic weight of the CBXMan chainguard decals correct..........what's next?
Last edited by Mike Barone #123 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 21 times in total.

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

Great pics Mike. Nice to see some old faces again but really great to see Mick Cohen back in action. Rip looks good in that pink helmet. I guess the next thing is he will paint one of his 9 cbx`s pink. :twisted:

fasterspider
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by fasterspider »

That looks like it was alot of fun.

Too bad it was so far away, I could have had fun rebuilding CBX motors. I have one and a half that I need to make one, that would have been a good days work.
Ray#1

The Fasterspider

Slightly modified 79 CBX

Ride Red

cbxtc6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cbxtc6 »

Boy, you SOB's sure are getting OLD!!! So much grey.....

:lol:

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

cbxtc6 wrote:Boy, you SOB's sure are getting OLD!!! So much grey.....

:lol:

Thats the reason we need all those CBX's that are sitting around in peoples spare rooms to be released from their exile and sold to some new blood if there not going to being ridden.

Once the new website is launched I think we'll be seeing some younger members coming online. I just hope the CBX's don't become too expensive too soon and prohibit the next generation from buying them.

jb

Seven
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Seven »

I'm workin' on it :D

I'm 23 and I sort of have an X... Just need to finish puting it together...

retrex
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Amen Brother

Post by retrex »

Jeff Bennetts wrote:That's the reason we need all those CBX's that are sitting around in peoples spare rooms to be released from their exile and sold to some new blood if there not going to being ridden....some younger members coming online. I just hope the CBX's don't become too expensive too soon and prohibit the next generation from buying them.

jb

Speaking as a member of generation neXt, amen brother. If you're not going to ride them then put the bikes and parts out there for us neXters. I wish I could have attended the rally. I have an old girl that would have benefitted from all that "Old Timer" knowledge and attention, just kidding. :D :D :D
1982 Honda CBX - Mobile and loving it

1981 GS1100EX - Undergoing rebuild

1981 GS1100EX - Rolling rebuild

Why two GS11s? A man doesn't feel like a man unless he has a big pair.

cbx6ss
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cbx6ss »

All,

Thanks for the many reviews. The wealth of collective experience was surely a missed opportunity for those who could not attend (like me!). Here's hoping I will make the next one so I can meet the "X" family.

Sincerest regards,

Brad Eyre

'81 under restoration

D Raye

Post by D Raye »

Count me in next year for sure.

D Raye

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Great pics, Thanks for putting faces to the names......... 8)

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”