Winter Rally 2010

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

FYI, If you are coming to the rally by way of the loop around Cincinnati, on the north side of town is Sporttour Ltd., http://www.sporttour.com/ , a shop which has the best prices I've found on tires, riding gear, etc. My younger brother, Ray, started this company back in the '90s, sold it, and now works for them.

They often have last years hottest riding gear for unbelievable prices. Bring your wheels and brother Ray will mount your new tires. He uses the latest tools to prevent scratches/dings.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

There will be a Board of Director's meeting during the rally either Friday night or Saturday morning.

The agenda will be:

1. President's report to the directors
"State of the Union" :wink:
Appointment of additional Directors

2. Club media direction, web-site, CBXPress

3. Treasurer Report, Club Financials

4. Membership Report, ICOA Goodies

5. Coordinated Club activities,
Colorado Rally
AMA Vintage Days

5. Member's questions and issues

If anyone has a contribution for item #5, please send me an e-mail.

Mike Simon
Secretary ICOA

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The 2010 Winter Rally has begun. We started with a social get together last night at the Pope Ranch with lots of Chili that could be doctored up with a selection different condiments and enhanced by Spaghetti, if you so desired. Beer and Wine was plentiful, and of course bike talk followed after part of the party relocated to the nicely prepped garage. In spite of a lot of cigar smoke, it was clearly visible that everybody had and will continue to have a good time, especially after we put behind the turmoil of the recent weeks. Geoff Smale from the U.K. is visiting again and he is up to his great story telling once again!
Come back and look for further reports and pictures, as well as minutes from the Board of Directors' meeting in the next days.

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

Wish I could have made it. Have fun!!

Steve

xrider357
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by xrider357 »

Nice job Rick. Enjoyed it.

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

You guys have all the fun but then.... There is the 2010 Euro Rally. ?

Waffles/Pancakes/Bovine Scatology served at the alimey4u2 residence, free for every voting Republican... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Jim. We need to get together more often. It sure is nice being able to gather 20 or more of your friends together for a fun weekend.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Winter Rallye 2010

Post by Larry Zimmer »

The Henderson comes out of hibernation. Better than a groundhog. Spring IS on the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdW3CgmtKdE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhwYLIQt3Y

If these don't link, copy and paste the url.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Don
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Don »

It was worth the trip (800 miles) just to see the Henderson in action. What a NEAT bike!!

When you compare it to any other motorcycle made in 1927 it's just . . . . decades ahead of it's time

It's appreciating too Rick http://www.sales.indianmotorbikes.com/27henderson4/ Still think you paid too much??

I had no idea such a sophisticated motorcycle existed back then. Ricks is in amazingly good shape, 99% complete and runs great . . . . though it would probably be an . . . . 'experience' if you had to hit the brakes for a panic stop when going downhill at anything over 25 mph - They did have lots more 'go technology' than 'stop technology' back then ;)

What a great rally, Rick - Thanks again to you and Susan for all you did to make us all feel welcome in your home

Don
Last edited by Don on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Don wrote:It was worth the trip (800 miles) just to see the Henderson in action. Don
...and here I thought you were coming, because you wanted to meet with me again... :roll:

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I like to think that the Henderson was a glimpse at the future. Maybe someday it will acheive the cult status of a CBX?

I'm glad you guys had a good time. We really enjoyed hosting the event.
Rick Pope

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”