Vintage Motorcycle Days 2009

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Dagnabbitt, now where's that edit button so I can fix my spelling mistake... :oops:
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

alimey4u2 wrote:Dagnabbitt, now where's that edit button so I can fix my spelling mistake... :oops:
How embarrassing..... :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Does the "preview" show the actual pictures or just the image link? That was the problem. I didn't see the images didn't show because there was a small space between the first [img] and the picture title.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

alimey4u2 wrote: Saved me a few embarassing posts especially when alcohol has been involved... :lol:
When I had too much to drink, I am so happy, I don't give a hoot.... :D :D :D

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

EMS wrote:Does the "preview" show the actual pictures or just the image link? That was the problem. I didn't see the images didn't show because there was a small space between the first [img] and the picture title.
Shows pics, spacing everything Mike...Try it, you don't have to post.. :idea:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Fine, then. I will try it one more time.

Here is the second to last installment. This is the racing effort fielded by Jan and Geoff (I was berated for calling him "Joff" instead of "Jeff" all the time. I wish you Brits and Yanks would agree on one common spelling :roll: ).
Considering how late they started this project, this was an outstanding result and beats anybody else racing there with their plush garage spaces and motorized starter rigs in my book! Kudos!

With the change in sanctioning body from AHRMA to WERA, there was no sproblem getting space in the paddock this year.

The Speed Channel was there too..

Gentlemen, mount your rides...

warm-up laps in the paddock

I don't care what you say, I saw envy in the eyes of that Kawasaki rider. He knew he would be faster, but how much more fun would it be to run that 6 -cylinder....

(Ge)off they go..

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

By the way, all you CB1100R fans and owners in Europe: That tailpiece is off a CB1100Rb, cut off at the end. :shock: Doesn't it want to make you cry.... :lol: :lol:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

As always...Thanks Mike.... 8)
ICOA # 656

SteveG
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by SteveG »

EMS wrote:The Speed Channel was there too..

I don't care what you say, I saw envy in the eyes of that Kawasaki rider. He knew he would be faster, but how much more fun would it be to run that 6 -cylinder....

Did Speed Channel give any clue as to when or in which segment the footage can be seen?

I see those kind of envious Kawasaki rider eyes are all over the place when I am out and about on my CBX :D

Steve

Will
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Will »

Over the weekend we went to the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, which I’ll shorten to Mid-Ohio. This is a weekend for the motorcycle fan; especially the motorcycle collector. It is a gathering of everything old about motorcycles. There are those who own them, those who race them, those who sell things for them, and those who enjoy being around them. I should be all of them, but I’m mostly the latter.

When I bought my Honda CBX, it wasn’t a “Vintageâ€

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Very nice, Will. 8) I wish we could put this at the very beginning of the thread. It would be a perfect lead-in. :!:

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Another thing that needed to be edited is: Mike Hahne was also participating in the 85th Anniversary show & parade with his extraordinary 1994 blue Yamaha GTS1000. I did not have a picture of the bike and inadvertently forgot to include him, sorry

Rick Pope
ICOA Rally Director
ICOA Rally Director

Post by Rick Pope »

I'd fix it for you if I knew how. I'm guessing I have the tools, but not the knowledge.
Rick Pope
Either garage is too small or we have too many bikes. Or Momma's car needs to go outside.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Rick Pope wrote:I'd fix it for you if I knew how. I'm guessing I have the tools, but not the knowledge.
:D :D Here is where the site administrator would have to step in...

cbxtc6
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cbxtc6 »

Here's the GTS at Mid-Oh:

And you Mike (on track):

Image[/list]

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”