CBX World Wide Mega Rally, Post pics here

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

dan1995 wrote:just for you larry :lol: :lol: :lol: http://www.hutton-web-design.co.uk/tanker.html
That was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: World mega rally

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

[quote="cbxmel"]Nice pictures Jeff.
We last met at Deals Gap. If my failing memory is correct! Your younger than me so you must remember?

Yes Mel, met at the dragon years ago, I bought my share of CBX pins from you. Good to hear from you.

jeff

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Thank you Dan.... :lol: :lol:
ICOA # 656

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Here is a link to the pictures I took:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ ... X%20Rally/

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Nice pics! I notice there was an absence of Perseus 79s out there.
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Carl »

Z Grand...welcome to the site. Nic pics for sure
Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

I would like someone to email me photos of the rally, not in photo bucket. Email them to usedcbxparts@hotmail.com

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Louis wrote:I would like someone to email me photos of the rally, not in photo bucket. Email them to usedcbxparts@hotmail.com
Louis, go to any of the pics in this thread, right click on the pic and the save them to your computer in a file.

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Looking for all the photos that were taken, not just what has been posted. Did not have time to get any myself, to busy making sure everyone had a great time and as far as I was told it was the best rally they have gone too. I guess all the hard work pays off. We had 150 plus people sign up and 37 extras that did not want to sign up for the raffle, just for the dinners ( wifes and couple kids). So a total of 187 people. 46 people from other parts of the world. If it was a better year we would had over double as many called me and said they just could not get there this year. Chuck that one the 79 CBX was not going to come for this reason as well and at the last minute decided to make the trip. One happy camper. I would also like to thank all the CBX clubs from all over the world as well as many venders for all the items they have donated to the rally. I we had about $10,000+ in prizes that we gave away. Well I am starting to work on next years rally and if you guys thought this one was big just wait LOL. And yes BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER. Thanks to all that came and it was great meeting all that I have emailed and spoke to over the years. Toys for Tots had 150 toys they picked up on Sat night. Toys ranged from bikes to toy bikes and everything between. Many shipped toys from there countries. Thanks, Louis

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

Louis

Massssssive congratulations on your rally. I would like to add more, but I think you might have covered almost every complimentary thing one could say about this rally in your own posts already.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You also deserve a big thumbs up :thumbup: since every single thing/agenda item for your rally turn out exactly as planned without a single issue, messup or trauma being mentioned in your posts...... this not something ICOA can claim for any of our rallies I have attended....especially the big National Rallies we have had....and of the latter, I say with certainity.

CBX Rally Perspective
Since inception, ICOA has had 150 rallies or so with 7,000 to 8,000 attending. Now that you know how much work large rallies require .... this could be one of the items to put on your top ten list that you like about ICOA and what the membership has done for CBXers over the past thirty years.....you know .....the list you promised to post after your rally was over (see below).

Louis wrote:
(Snip/MB) ...I have nothing bad to say about the ICOA as a club.

Mike Wrote:
To confirm/clarify what you stated above.... I think it would be very helpful for everyone if you would actually list your top ten list of things you like about ICOA ....and what the club has done/accomplished in behalf of CBXers over the last 30 years.

Louis Wrote:
Mike, I would be happy to do that when I have the time to sit down and write a proper list. Right now I am busy answering emails and phone calls about the upcoming rally. It's getting down to the wire and there are still a few preparations to do.

Louis Last Reply:
Sorry Mike will not do your top 10 list.

It is my sincere hope your attendance for next years event actually does top the top three years at Marlinton and has over 100 CBXs like we had some of those years and at one of Nationals at St. Clairsville.....being able to claim the top Megaaaa CBX rally of all time in North America is a worthy goal and I am sure you can accomplish this.

So congratulations again and I hope you feel the promo ICOA provided your event on the our web site was a weeeeee help....heyyyyyyy....this could be yet another item for your top ten list of what you like about ICOA and recognizing what the membership has done for CBXers over the past thirty years

Best

Mike
Last edited by Mike Barone #123 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
My CBX lives near Harrisburg, Pa USA
Team222 = 2 Ole, 2 Fat and wayyyy 2 Slow

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Sorry Mike will not do your top 10 list. I am not trying to out do any past rallies from any club or group, we just want all rallies to be a WORLD WIDE RALLY. We want people to come from all over the world. Maybe the next rally will be in another country. We decided to do rallies that everyone can come to without feeling they have to belong to any club/group. We put all club info in the rally packet so others can join clubs if they wanted. All promos are a benefit to CBX owners not me. If people do not hear about it they will not come. Again (Megaaaa CBX rally of all time in North America) this is not what we are after. We are after bringing people and there CBXs together from all parts of the world. The best part of the rally is to see the pile TOYS that are going to help 150 more kids at Christmas.
Sorry forgot to log in.

Carl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Carl »

Say It Loud.....I Own a CBX and I'm Proud!!

Rich Pleines

Rally

Post by Rich Pleines »

Keeping things on a well deserved positive note. Congratulations to Bill and Louis for hosting an outstanding event for all to enjoy. As a CBX enthusiast committed to the preservation of the CBX motorcycle I sincerely thank you. Rich :clap:

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

For those of you who made Dragon runs on Friday or Saturday during the Rally, some pictures are posted here:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPa ... 04RK00YC07

and here:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPa ... 04RK00YD09

These were taken by killboy.com, and are reasonably priced if any of you are interested in buying photos of yourself in action. (No affiliation -- just a past customer). :)

Ron#5602
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ron#5602 »

Great rally; had nothing to do with the CBX. Had to do with the great people. The CBX was just a reason to gather. Louis & Bill did a great job of organizing everything and making sure everyone had a great time. Hope to do it again some day soon.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”