CBX RALLY INFO

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Mike, It would please me no end for you & Cindy to be there.... You would make an old man happy in his dotage.... :wink:

PS. I will personally make a Harley Davidson ( CBXs are too expensive :lol: ) available for you & Cindy to play with if you wish. And I promise to make the toast.... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

alimey4u2 wrote:Mike, It would please me no end for you & Cindy to be there.... You would make an old man happy in his dotage.... :wink:

PS. I will personally make a Harley Davidson ( CBXs are too expensive :lol: ) available for you & Cindy to play with if you wish. And I promise to make the toast.... :lol:
:D :D Thanks, Larry 8) I would pass on the Harley offer....I wouldn't want everybody else to have to wait for us all the time :wink: And besides, you know, I have a trailer. I could bring my own 8) :lol: :lol:

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

OK, I'll make the toast then..... :lol:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

alimey4u2 wrote:OK, I'll make the toast then..... :lol:
Mmmh :? You must have something on your chest, you want to get rid off :lol: :lol:

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

Say Larry (and any others) come on over to the left coast around July 3rd and I'll take you on a ride up north, through OR, WA, ID and Montana. All i can offer is evergreen tree lined two lanes, rivers, lakes and mountains and very few people! 8)

...where to ride this summer? Have about ten days and I'll probably take the 82 CBX which already has nearly 94,000 miles on it. Great sports tourer. Glacier again? I sure like it up there and all over northern Idaho too. Rode Monument Valley and Grand Canyon area last summer so this time I need to get back into some TREE lined two lanes again alongside some rivers and mountains. Hiway 1 north, across Oregon into Idaho, past Cascade and Kooskia over the Lolo up past Seeley Lake to GNP? Whitefish to Eureka to Libby and back to Kalispell? Salmon river area past Hamilton into Stanley? Hmmmm........we could call it a rally..... :lol:
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

I am really turned on by that idea, Terry, and I am seriously considering taking you up on that. Not this, but maybe as early as next year. I would like to get George to join us, or start down in San Diego and go north. I will find an economic way to get a bike out there. 8)

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Sadly I have to be back in the UK Terry for my grand daughters birthday. Although I would dearly love to go, family comes first. Well that's what my wife says.... :lol:
ICOA # 656

Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Terry »

In re: " Well that's what my wife says...."

Haven't had one of those in over 20 years but I agree, family first.

Mike, I have two CBXs and a Hayabusa. Any of them are ready for any kind of ride. No need to ship one out, but mine are not pristine trophy bikes, just reliable riders! :D
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

Don #6141

Post by Don #6141 »

Beautiful country out west, for sure - Much of it absolutely stunning!

4 or 5 years ago, I rode an XL-250 Honda 2500 miles from Biloxi to Rooseville BC to begin a 2600 mile off-road trip down the Continental Divide to Antelope Wells New Mexico and then another 1350 miles back to Biloxi . . . . all in about 25 days - What a BLAST and what scenery . . . . especially in the off-road portion. Actually, the little Honda broke down on me in New Mexico and I had to have my son come and pick me (us) up - I got a disassembled XL-250 in the back of a Chevy Cavalier without too much trouble ;)

I'd LOVE to do that again some summer . . . . but only the ride down the divide - 3800 miles of blacktop on a 250cc bike isn't really a vacation . . . . but it sure was an adventure!

If I could find 5 or 6 interested folks to do it again, I'd be all for it . . . . but we'd need a couple guys/gals to drive a 'chase vehicle' with a trailer along with us, so we'd have some way to deal with breakdowns/injuries and such . . . . plus having an empty trailer to camp out in at night would make it more practical as well

One day . . . . . I've got a little Kawa KLR-250 all gassed up and ready to go . . . . ;)

Don

cbxtacy
Posting God
Posting God

Post by cbxtacy »

and I have a couple more loaners south of Terry a ways in San Diego.
one out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced
think of your three closest friends, if they're okay then
YOU'RE THE ONE

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”