CBXs to New Foundland: Late June - Early July, 2006

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

CBXs to New Foundland: Late June - Early July, 2006

Post by cbx4evr »

Any more specific info on this yet??
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

bobber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bobber »

Like to have more info as well since originally fron the Rock but now in Alberta. Have one CBX here, my '82, and another, an '80 model, back in Nova Scotia being stored for my son.

Just a word for whoever's thinking of going..... naw one word wouldn't do it. It'd be the trip of a lifetime with regards to the scenery and people. Its not tourism BS what a person hears on the various media outlets regarding hospitality.

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

bobber wrote:Like to have more info as well since originally fron the Rock but now in Alberta. Have one CBX here, my '82, and another, an '80 model, back in Nova Scotia being stored for my son.

Hey bobber!! What is your location in Alberta?
"It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. "

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Re: CBXs to New Foundland: Late June - Early July, 2006

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

cbx4evr wrote:Any more specific info on this yet??

Been moved out to 2007.....but we will be going then one way or the other....count on that

Mike

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CBXs to New Foundland: Late June - Early July, 2006

Post by cbx4evr »

Mike Brown Barone #123 wrote:
cbx4evr wrote:Any more specific info on this yet??

Been moved out to 2007.....but we will be going then one way or the other....count on that

Mike

Okay with your reply I have another question/observation. I may have wrongfully assumed that this was a Canadian version of the coast to coast ride. By MB replying I'm now thinking it's eastern US to eastern Canada.?

Mike Barone #123
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Mike Barone #123 »

2006 Rally Plans are just starting to come together, but here is what I know now about the Rolling Rallie(s)

There will be a 2006 East Coast Mtn2Mtn Rolling Rally connecting four great locations/rally spots and details are as follows:

May 30 to June 3 On way to or at Marlinton, WV Sponsor: CBXMan

June 4 to June 7 On way to or at Maggie Valley, NC Sponsor: Louis Mintrone's cbxusedparts.com

June 8 to June 9 On way or at Northern Georgia Sponsor: Tims

June 10 to June 11 On way or at Barber Motor Sports/Museum and a Track Day Sponsor: James Elliott

Simply the best mountain back roads and rally locations the East Coast has to offer. Plenty of time for each stop and only 600 miles from Marlinton to Barber for those that want to do the entire rally. Hotel arrangements are being finalized and will be posted when this is done.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is an informal West Coast CBX Rolling Rally that has been going on for years now. Linda Thiesen, Rod Libby, Dave Gaines, to name just a few, have been involved and I can put you into contact someone that knows about all this if you want

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2006 should be another great rally year for CBXers....and getting out riding CBXs and meeting other owners face to face is a wonderful experience

It's true you know..... ICOA Rallies....your personal travel club to the best scenery, rides, eats, reasonably priced parts and life long CBXer friendships

Mike

bobber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bobber »

Ft. McMurray is where I'm at bye! Been here since '88. And you? Originaly from Baie Verte, born in Sin John's but I consider myself a bay wop :D

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

bobber wrote:Ft. McMurray is where I'm at bye! Been here since '88. And you? Originaly from Baie Verte, born in Sin John's but I consider myself a bay wop :D

How ignorant of me. Of course some one from the Rock would live in Ft. McMurray, Alberta (aka Little Rock). I'm in Edmonton. Met another CBX'er in Ft. Mac when my brother lived there. There is also another fellow up there with a couple. You may know him. Initials = BC.

broook
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by broook »

bobber wrote:Ft. McMurray is where I'm at bye! Been here since '88. And you? Originaly from Baie Verte, born in Sin John's but I consider myself a bay wop :D

Now lucky ere mate wach wat yer ses about us ere bay wops. wees speak right proper englsh yer knows.

bobber
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bobber »

Now you have me thinking. My initials are BC and at one time I had 7 of the X's around somewhere.

Proper english? My relatives are from Petty Harbour and when I go back to visit it takes at least 2 days to figure out what they're telling me!

Just got back from U of A doing a course in OH&S. Lots of bikes still cruising out down there!

cbx4evr
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cbx4evr »

bobber wrote:Now you have me thinking. My initials are BC and at one time I had 7 of the X's around somewhere.

Alright! You are the same guy!!! Have you had any contact with Mr. Dan since he went back east from Ft. Sask?? I've chatted with your brother about my VW diesel over on the VW forums and got an email form your son a couple of years ago.

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”