Daughter's first 140 miles

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
Terry
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Daughter's first 140 miles

Post by Terry »

Erin came over to take her SV out for her first ride in public so we went for a real ride, one that required us to refill the tanks! South first, onto some really vacant roads after a few miles on 101 to get there. After a few stops and my being able to observe her skills, we decided she was up for a ride to Alice's for a late lunch. Luckily there was very little traffic on 9 and 35 so all went well. Good sight line thru the corners and good bike positioning. She said downhill turns scared her a little and I said, she was just showing good sense! :lol: Alice's was packed with mostly Ducati riders and someone told me earlier there had been around 200 of them. You know, some Ducs are beautiful and some, are really ugly. Never saw so many in one spot before.
Treated Erin to an Alice's T shirt with McQueen's pic on the back as a reward for doing so well and not crying about riding so many miles her first time out. She's been with me on all day rides before but this was her first ride sitting in front on her own bike. I doubt she'll ever (not) be a rider. She really enjoys it.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... Medium.jpg

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/j ... ASmall.jpg
It ain't the destination, its the journey...

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

A proud day Terry...... 8) :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

Cool thing, Terry. We have to make sure, that we get new people to take up riding and try to pass on (the little) we know. 8) This will make the motorcycle community only stronger.

Now, what Ducatis are the ugly ones :? :? Are you sure it wasn't a V-Strom you looked at :lol: :lol:

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”