THISTLE DO 2 SCOTTISH CBX MEET 2007

Post all your rally questions here so the Rally Hosts and others can help you. RALLY WRITEUPS: Tell us all about how you liked/didn't like any rally. RIDES/TRIP REPORTS: This is the place and note you can list your ride/event on the ICOA Calendar (Click Calendar at the top of the Forums page)
gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

THISTLE DO 2 SCOTTISH CBX MEET 2007

Post by gogigscotland »

Please see the 2006 thread all the details are the same except dates Friday 14th and 15th Sept oh and the weather just cannot be as glorious as it was last year can it?????? :lol:

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

THISTLE DO 2 2007

Post by gogigscotland »

The Scottish Highlands Thistle Do 2 CBX weekend is getting closer and the English, Irish and Scottish CBX troops are preparing to descend on historic Kingussie 8)

Angus has a great rideout planned for Saturday which looking at the weather may hopefully be good.

Setting off from Kingussie down the Laggan old drovers road where stolen cattle where driven in the 1700's towards Glencoe through Spean Bridge and up to the famous World War 2 Commando memorial then onto Fort Augustus (the English encampment during the 1745 rebellion) down the little travelled winding road along the south side of Loch Ness looking oot for Nessie on our left :shock: then through Whitebride to meeting up briefly with the main A9 road down to Carrbridge before taking the backroad to Aviemore for a stop at the Cairngorm hotel and then back down to Kingussie for that 5 course banquet and evening social meet.

Ed Willet has kindly done a mail out to all the Scottish membership and a good turnout is also known to be coming from England and Ireland including Paul, Emma and Tom Pursey on the Moto Mental Turbo (now with sidecar to take the whole family :D :D :lol: )

If you are thinking of coming it would be great to see you Friday and Saturday.

Thanks to Angus the legendary highland stag for doing it for a second year 8) 8) 8)

dan1995
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by dan1995 »

Looking forward to a report and lots of pictures :!: :D
Dan 1995

Triple x owner 79,81,82
Ironbutt member #24745
Coast to coast and border to border on a CBX
My goal was to ride farther and faster than my wife could bitch....
I needed a faster bike....
So I got a BUSA!!!!!

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Gordon, Tell Ed Willet that I said hi. Have a great time. Louis

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Four things I wish for:

Scotland was nearer....
British roads were less congested....
British weather was more stable.....
Our friends in Scotland have a safe & wonderful time... :thumupp:
ICOA # 656

gogigscotland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks

Post by gogigscotland »

Thanks for the support we hope to post a report...hoping for good weather...Louis you need to get here one day...bring cold weather gear just like Morganton.....the soft Scottish water is so pure it can be added to you beer making it extra smoooth.... 8) 8)

Cheers

Gordon
Scotland

Louis
Amazing Poster
Amazing Poster

Post by Louis »

Gordon, I will be there one day for sure. Larry if I can make it there one day you can also. LOL . Is the weather the same as England there? Do I need to pack a rain suit? Louis

alimey4u2
ICOA Web Video Director
ICOA Web Video Director

Post by alimey4u2 »

Louis wrote:Gordon, I will be there one day for sure. Larry if I can make it there one day you can also. LOL . Is the weather the same as England there? Do I need to pack a rain suit? Louis
Rain suit for sure Louis & you & Karen are welcome anytime..... :wink:

PS. I heard the whiskey is pretty good up there too..... 8)
ICOA # 656

Return to “Rally & Ride Questions & Post Event Reports”