Part out of keep intact?

CBX/CBXer items you have for sale/want -OR-links to items of interest online.
montanamax
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Part out of keep intact?

Post by montanamax »

I have a 79 CBX which has been sitting for 17 years when it was last run. At my age, I have to start letting go of projects that are unlikely to be completed. I would judge it in poor but restorable condition. It is pretty much original; just very tired looking. A previous owner did a crappy paint job so there's that. I'd rather keep it intact, and so if I were to list it at auction on eBay, what would you suggest as a starting price? It's titled in my name, in Montana. Thanks for any thoughts.

Walt Max
Missoula MT

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Re: Part out of keep intact?

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

Post up as many pictures as you can, serial #s, frame and engine. detailed pictures and descriptions of the bike, inside the tank, carbs, exhaust, does it turn over, spark and so on. Most people will consider the worst case scenario because restorations are expensive!

Go to Bat and watch a live auction to get a feel for what the conservations are like between a buyer and seller. The prices are on the high retail side of the market though, a bit inflated due to the circumstances.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-honda-cbx-14/

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Part out of keep intact?

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Great advice/suggestion, Jeff. Just a general thanks for all those with similar situation.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “4 Sale/Wanted -or- Links To Great Items 4 Sale”